Friday, May 27, 2011

MY FLAN....

Helo again...I want to share this recipe with you, I have been making it for years and everyone seems to love it..they ask me to make it all the time..so I though I'd give the recipe to everyone..I got this recipe from my three children's Dad's Mother..she is from El Salvador...I have been making this for lets see my son Walter is 26 so 26 years....
So simple recipe...start with getting a baking dish,  I use my Pyrex dish to put it into. Then 2 cans of evaporated milk and six eggs...crack the eggs into a fairly large bowl..then add the two cans of evap. milk and mix add couple tablespoons of sugar and a teaspoon of vanilla..mix well set aside..in a non stick frying pan add one cup of sugar..turn fire on and let the sugar melt. using a medium flame.WARNING: DO NOT FOR ANY REASON TOUCH THIS MELTING SUGAR...!!! IT WILL STICK TO YOUR SKIN LIKE GLUE AND BURN YOU BADLY..PLZ..BE CAREFUL...ok when it starts to melt I use a wooden spoon to stir it till it turns carmel color when you reach that point quickly pour it into the baking dish making it go around the bottom and a lit bit on the sides...then remix your custard and put it through a strainer. then pour it into the baking dish with the carmel...put it in a water bath..( a larger baking dish fill half way with water..put into a 375 oven for 15 mins then turn it down to 350 degrees and let it cook for another 45 mins or more depending on your oven you can check after the 45 mins. by putting a sharp knife in the middle if it comes out clean it's done..be careful and remove it form oven first then after sitting it down remove from the water...be very careful..then serve a little bit warm but most after it's been cooled completely..like that or they turn it over to present it...it's much prettier..I hardly get to that point everyone always wants it right away..Enjoy my friends...


I also made these small cheese Tamales w/ green bell pepper..I made some for Vee without the bell pepper they are nice to have with soup etc...

These are to simple as well, just some Masa instant and Monterrey Jack Cheese and strips of Bell Pepper. I don't have the bag of Masa to show you but they have two different ones and for years I used this one but well I saw the other one and my older daughter thought it wasn't any good and I should have tried it like I thought well come to find out it's even more better than the other because it pacifically for Tamales...duh...Stephanie...lol..my oldest daughter...anyways when I remember I will take a picture of it for you..you should find it in most latin produce markets. o hold on let me go online to see if I can find it..brb..o good I found it...
The bag looks like this...what I did to give the masa more flavor..I used warm water adding bouillon, chicken flavor to it warm some water then add it..add warm water to the Masa because I think it helps it to make..Sorry I don't have any measurements for you I just do what I think..terrible..but you get like that after years of cooking... rite?  well I do with some things..try this though..O I found this Chicken recipe but I haven't made it yet but soon as I do I will share it with you...It's chicken cooked in banana leaves...hummm it looks so yummmy...can't wait to try it...Right after the baby shower I will do it.. I need to buy the banana leaves...
Well I hope that you have enjoyed my blogs this morning...I have much more to share but I don't want to flood your mind...ummm I will be here at Mom's till Saturday then home for going to Church..It's a goal to get there..You know my panic attacks delayed me some what..but it's time to try..wish me much Luck..

So I will see you this evening or for sure tomorrow morning...Plz my friends feel free to leave comments I would be so happy to hear from you...Thank you and have a wonderful blessed day full of Love........Hugs









No comments:

Post a Comment