Saturday, May 14, 2011

HElo Good Morning

Well as you know I'm leaving later this afternoon to home..I'm really thinking that I need to save for a lap top. I have a old computer at home but we don't have much space and hardly any darn plugs so I think that's the best thing to do. It's going to take a minute because I need to do a couple of things on my lit. ole car.. then save. Today it's cloudy and we are suppose to expect some rain...w/ thunder which I don't like at all never have ever..lol..I will cover up the windows to fast..well I guess I won't be in the garden to finish up and plant some more seeds...this silly weather keeps changing on us from day to day. . .
I thought I'd share some pretty Victorian Ladies with you today that I had found. I have imagined so often of being one of those ladies. 
I wanted to share my focossia recipe but some how I forgot to bring the written part of it..so when I come back I will make sure that I have it...
This morning I found a few nice recipes to try here is one of them, I haven't made these yet.



Mom's Famous Cinnamon Rolls

1 T. bread yeast (I use SAF)
1 T. sugar
1/2 C. warm water
(test it on your wrist - should feel warm but not hot, not cool)

Mix the above ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.

Scald 1 1/2 C. milk.  Add 1 1/2 C. cold water to that.
Mix in:

1/2 C. melted butter
3/4 C. sugar
3 large eggs
1 T. salt
5 C. all purpose flour

Place these ingredients in a large Kitchen aid bowl
(or other mixer bowl that can knead bread), and add
the yeast mixture to it.  Mix with the bread dough attachment
until well blended.  Add 4 1/2 C. more flour and let knead
for about 5-7 minutes or until smooth.

Spray the top of the dough with Pam and cover tightly
with plastic wrap.


Let rise until double - usually 1- 1 1/2 hours.  Punch down
down.  Heavily flour counter and roll out to about a 10x15
oblong.

Mix:
1/2 C. melted butter
2 C. packed brown sugar (I like dark brown if I have it)
4 T. cinnamon
1 tsp. flour

Sprinkle the sugar mix over the dough and roll up.

Using dental floss or a serrated knife, cut the rolls into
1 to 1 1/4 inch pieces.  Place on a parchment paper lined
baking sheet.  Cover lightly with paper towel.
 Let rise - usually about 20-30 minutes.
Bake in a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes.

Let cool.
Frost.

Frosting Recipe
1 C. softened butter (not margarine)
6 C. powdered sugar
2 tsp. clear vanilla
3-4 T. cold water

Place in a  large mixing bowl.  Beat with the
wire whip until creamy.  If it is too stiff to frost
easily, add more water, a half tablespoon at a time.

Garnish if desired with sprinkles or cinnamon sugar.
 I found this on a blog o snaps can't remember it
well I will try to remember where and put it later..darn I knew that would happen so sorry ms blogger. 
You deserve the credits for this..
I thought they look so wonderful so I want to try them and share it with you as well..

No comments:

Post a Comment