Saturday, December 10, 2011

Easy Lentil Soup...by meadowbrook farm


I happen to love Lentils....so I thought this was simple enough to make on a cold winter's day....I found it on this blogspot Meadow-brook farm...I hope you enjoy it as I know that I will soon as I'm able to go home and make it....I got some cute things at Walgreen's this morning picking up the rest of my medicine which I can't talk myself into taking...because they are inhalers and they make you nerves and I have to be calm to take them so I don't have a panic attack...so yukie indeed...thanks Ladies for stopping in...I get discouraged at times...My blog is mainly for me but sometimes I ever wonder who reads it or not...I know I have a few faithful ladies who are there more then often whom I totally appreciate...

Lentil Soup

1 pound bulk Italian sausage
1 Tbsp butter
1 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup diced onion
1/2 cup diced carrot
1/4 cup diced celery
1 1/2 cups lentils, rinsed
4 cups chicken stock
1 Tbsp dijon mustard
1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
1 tsp salt - or less, depending on the saltiness of your chicken stock
1 cup cream
1 cup finely sliced spinach
grated parmesan cheese

In a large stockpot, brown and drain sausage and set aside. In the same pan, saute carrot, onion and celery in butter and olive oil till they start to soften. Add lentils and chicken stock. Simmer on low for about 30 minutes, until lentils and vegetables are tender. I usually add about a cup of water at this point as a lot of the liquid has been absorbed or evaporated. Add mustard, vinegar (both are vital to this recipe) and salt. Stir in cream and heat through.

Garnish with spinach and parmesan cheese, and you've got yourself a perfect meal for a cold winter's night.

Here's the things I found, lol I was trying to see more but my son was Mom we just came to get your medicine...so I only got these few things...




With Love Janice.....

1 comment:

  1. I love lentils in soup as well, I haven't tried adding Italian sausage to mine though..so may have to give it a go next time.
    The Christmas things you bought are adorable..love the santa, he is too cute!

    ReplyDelete