Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Great Potential for sure

` ~ * I think this cabinet has great potential... I have always loved it and decided to keep it for sure.. and I have decided because I have several pieces of old cabinets I will be using these pieces to form Mama's Kitchen.. I have seen so much in magazine's Pinterest etc. the re use of old cabinets made into some beautiful kitchen's. 


I know it doesn't look so pretty now, but it will later.  I intend to move it across the kitchen in a different place.. It's very vintage It goes all the way to the ceiling shy a inch.. so I want to put and edging around the top to make it look as if it's always been here. I had dad bring this off the truck years ago..
The good thing is now I have removed most of the junk in front of it except for some more recycle that goes on Thursday.


There is a lot of nice things inside of it.. Corning Ware coffee mugs and nice Turquoise and White Pyrex and some Pink and White Yellow.. and some Corn Flower Corning Ware as well most of which is mine, well I collected the Tuquoise for Mama because before her Kitchen was White with Turquoise trimmings which I always liked.. I started collecting it when I used to take Dad for his check ups at the hospital across the street was a Salvation  Army and back in 2000 etc. was always Pyrex ...


I have some Turquoise ones as well and she has some beige with blue which I don't really care for so I'm considering selling them and maybe keeping just a couple for memorance sake..


Yesterday was good progress, we clean the huge pile in the Living Room and put a large stack outside in front for free which half is gone already and a For sale pile left in the Rm.. I believe we decided this Sat. will be a sidewalk sale.. My son's girl friend and her friend said they are off and will help go put up signs and help all day.. Phew great for me because I'm so broken these days I can't. I was pooped after cleaning that huge pile.. but so glad we finally got through it all.. There's tons more to be done and gone threw. The Attic alone is packed from back to front.. My Mama... I'm truly going to be broken by the time I'm done.. I pray to Jehovah he allows me to see it fixed before I leave this world


I found this old Blue & White candle holder.. stuffed back in the middle area of this old cabinet.. I remember these there should be another one some place.


A Blue Willow mug..


A nice Blue bowl... One day I will be able to show you some wonderful new photos.. I can't wait.. Today is a take it easy day and tear up papers.. 

I wish you to have a most lovely day
with love 
Janice


5 comments:

  1. Janice,
    Yes, this cabinet does have potential. I love glass windows in cabinets, and I don't have them, but would love at least one. I bet it's been hard on you clearing things out at your mom's house. I remember doing this with my sister and coming across things that brought back memories. Hang in there, sweet friend. I love the blue candle holder. You may find many treasures in the process.

    love,
    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cara Janice,mi piace tanto la tua veste nuova di blog!La credenza di tua madre,verrĂ  bella!Sicuramente saprai scegliere le porcellane c giuste da lasciare dentro di essa!Coraggio,pian piano.Sicuro verrĂ  tutto bello!Baci,rosetta

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure you will choose the best for this cabinet. It will be fantastic!
    Kisses
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Janice, Wow a wonderful cabinet with so much potential. It is filled with so many wonderful pieces.
    I had the same journey when my parents passed away. It is not an easy one, but little by little it all comes together and the process moves along.
    Wishing you strength and courage as you go through your treasures.

    Thank you for stopping by and your kind comment. So nice to meet you.
    I am a new follower.
    Hugs from Texas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Janice. Oh yes, that cabinet will look adorable by the time you get finished with it.

    Janice, can you shoot me an email at writingstraightfromtheheart@gmail.com?

    I need to ask you something and cannot find your email address anywhere. Thanks. Sincerely, Susan

    ReplyDelete