Friday, July 13, 2012

Old bowls, Soup and the Garden...

Some bowls that I have had forever...I always loved these small bowl...Like many of my things I found them on Dad's truck...If I never told you he had a Hauling business cleaning out estates etc...And the things that I would found were amazing...
Not all of them have markings, one says USA, the other says just 36....
I miss those days...Of Dad coming in with a full truck full of things...I would climb up and start digging..to see what I could find...
Well memories are nice to have...
I used them for different things. Today I used them for putting my vegetables in. I made soup and got some vegetables from the Garden...
Green peas.......They look so pretty....
My Purple Green beans....I was amazed by them...the funny thing was that when I put them into the soup minutes later they turned all green ...
Zucchini.....
It's a nice feeling to be able to walk out into your garden and get the vegetables that you need for your Soup...
Soup's done, packing it up and going to Mom's house...with some nice French bread...
All washed up and ready to go back in place....


I'm ready for bed, wishing you a lovely sweet evening...with love, Happy Weekend...with love Janice (THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR YOUR LOVELY SWEET COMMENTS, THEY ARE SO EVERY APPRECIATED..IT WARMS MY HEART TO SHARE MY LIFE WITH YOU ALL..BLESSINGS)

5 comments:

  1. nice warming post Janice. It's freezing here. I love the bowls,so earthy and chunky. Especially the story of how you found them.
    You must have a nice garden. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Janice, what pretty bowls and lovely fresh veggies from your garden. The peas look so nice.Well, they all look yummy--I am just partial to peas! I really like the story of how you found your bowls...such nice memories to share. Have a great week-end, Egretta

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful that your Dad "picked" as they call it. Love the bowls and the color. They look ready for a good fall time stew!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you dear sweet Janice for visiting and following my blog. I am so pleased to meet you and follow you, too!
    Your bowls are so vibrant and rustic looking, just perfect for soup. I love the heft of them, ...
    feels like home.
    Visit soon.
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those old bowls with the rings around them. My Grandmother had a whole set... I think one of my cousins must have them now.

    ReplyDelete