Friday, June 7, 2013

The Best Praline Topped Apple Bread ever ...



Makes just one Loaf, but it's the best bread you can imagine ever... and so simple to put together.. Just lovely for a Tea Party... Or a small luncheon. I promise you won't be sorry that you make it.. It's heavenly.

Praline Topped Apple Bread
 
Ingredients:
2 Cups Flour                                                                                   
2 tsp. Baking powder                                 
1/2 tsp. Baking soda                                    
1/2 Salt                                                         
1 cup Sugar
1 cup Sour cream
2 Eggs
3 tps. Vanilla
1 1/2 cups chopped peeled Granny Smith Apples
1 1/4 cups chopped Pecans, toasted, divided
1/2 cup Butter
1/2 cup Brown Sugar

1. In a large bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, beat the sugar, sour cream, eggs and vanilla until well blended.  Stir into the flour mixture just until moistened.  Fold in the apples and One cup pecans.
2. Transfer to a greased 9x5 inch loaf pan.  Bake at 350 degrees for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.  Cool in pan for 15 minutes.  Remove to a wire rack to cool. 
3. In a saucepan, bring butter and brown sugar to a boil.  Cook and stir for one minute.  Spoon over bread.  Sprinkle with remaining pecans.
Slice and serve..





Wishing you all a most enchanting Weekend with love Janice... I will be going home today to spend some time there.. see you soon ..


2 comments:

  1. Janice,
    I wish you could come to my house and cook for me sometime. This apple bread looks delicious. And the picture of the two women - oh, how I love your pictures!

    You know, I think I like this Header the best of all, as it has deep purples in it. I'm not sure I ever told you, but purple is my favorite color.

    Have a relaxing weekend, dear Jannice.

    Love,
    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that does look amazingly delicious! I'll have to try it sometime soon. Thanks for sharing the recipe, Janice!!

    ReplyDelete