Thursday, August 14, 2014

Miss Apple Betty.............


Helo good evening, So I was feeling like this.. lol... not really but I'm tired out I have been at home trying to Spring clean my house it looks as if a tornado came through.. My youngest daughter with my two grandbabies stay with me and boy what a mess.. I spent the whole day yesterday just cleaning the Kitchen and bathroom.. and started on the Dinning Room .. which I didn't finish and thought I would do today but ended up leaving to bring Vee to wash clothes at Mama's house cause I just have a stackable washer and dryer at home and they aren't to large..
I also picked Apples from the tree that the neighbor just lets them fall all over the floor.. 
and I thought that I would get to them last night but couldn't 
so this morning I put some laundry out and started in after I made tea and Oatmeal.. 
I was going to make a Apple pie, but then I thought well that crust not good for my Gall bladder issues.
So that's when Apple Betty came in Hehehe..


as I ate my Oatmeal I peeled the apples...


Sliced them up.. How do you like my Green glass depression bowl.. I found it in Mama's storage when I was cleaning it.. I have a set of yellow ones but this it large and too pretty.. 


I really love this Lemon juicer.. the top has a ridge with openings for the juice to drain out and the seeds and pulp stay behind.. 


Okay ready for the Oven..
Are your ready for the simple recipe.. Ok, here it is....

 Apple Betty

    4 cups thinly sliced apples

    1/4 cup orange juice

    3/4 cup all-purpose flour

    1 cup white sugar

    1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

    1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg

    1 pinch salt

    1/2 cup butter

    PREP
    30 mins

    COOK
    45 mins

    READY IN
    1 hr 15 mins

Directions

    Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9 inch pie plate.

    Mound sliced apples in the pie plate. Sprinkle with orange juice.
    In a medium bowl, mix the flour, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Scatter over the apples.
    Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes. Serve warm.

( I didn't have Orange Juice so I used some Pineapple juice that worked out fine.)

 



It taste nice and would be lovely with some Vanilla Ice Cream.. a simple little recipe for a quick desert..
I hope you are all just fine..
With love
Janice

9 comments:

  1. Ooh lah lah, Janice. That looks divine. I'd want to eat the whole thing! Yummy. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH Yum!!!!! I would love to have some apples available to whip something like this up!!! Glad you made yourself a treat after all of your hard work! Nicole xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't visited for a while now, and it has certainly been my loss. I have forgot what a beautiful and charming blog you have. That and a recipe for Apple Betty . . . perfection:)
    Thank you.
    Your blogging sister,
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how I would love of ti for breakfast :) It looks amazing, Janice! Thanks for sharing the tasty recipe.

    Happy weekend to you! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUMMY YUMMY YUMMY! I love apples and apple anything. Thanks for the recipe. Love ya lots.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love Apple Betty! Thanks for visiting Rosemary's Sampler!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was just wondering what I should do with the bowl of apples on my table............very great idea and thanks for sharing the recipe! How are you?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm good Kathleen. Thank you for asking

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh so yummy Janice. What a great way to get apples... That recipe looks amazing.

    Janet

    ReplyDelete