Thursday, August 9, 2012

Inspiration.....and the Love of it....

Isn't it just funny when you see something and the color just grabs you...I found this tile at my favorite place...Goodwill... It has a little chip on the back side but just the same I loved the color in it...I started with this leaves....
I'm not doing a perfect piece I didn't want the flowers to be perfect I wanted them to be a little wreckless, If that makes any sense...
I haven't a clue what I'm doing with it...but eventually I will think of something...just wanted to fool around with it...
well then last nite I got the notion to crochet again...but not my Candy Cane line though...

Decided to leave it in and see where I could go with it...but now I know what I did wrong so when I finish this and start the next I will know exactly what to do...Sometimes it's hard to figure out the stitches but I got it now...Hooray...can't wait to make this the right way...
Well I got this far and found out I had made a mistake, normally I would take it all undone and start over and I decided not to.
I messed up where the first green is...I'm supposed to have 12 leaves I call them and I have 13...but it still looks pretty so I will see what happens from here...It looks so much more prettier in person I can't get the right light...it's more bright and cheery looking...
There this is a little bit better...I can't wait to finish it...and start the right way...the doily is very pretty. I kind of think maybe someone made it up or they messed up...cause the 5th row is different with each thing...
Just the same I love it, to me it's very pretty the original I got years ago before I really knew much about crocheting...it's with pink flowers and multi greens and white...it's falling apart and I'm very sad..but more glad that I learned how to repeat it before it really breaks up...
Jesse & Me news: Jesse pulled his shoulder out and finally is feeling much better these days...Phew thank the Father above....He makes the bed for me every morning. I'm so not used to this...I think it's so loving and sweet...I believe I fall more in Love with him as every day passes...we haven't done to much because of his shoulder and things...hopefully this weekend I can take him to the water the Wharf...I hope that all of you are well...I so miss coming often and visit as well...I thank you for your comments and look forward to each and everyone of them...well I guess it off to go back home..I came to take Mom shopping and pick up a few things for us as well....take care of you...with love Janice

2 comments:

  1. Janice,you do such beautiful crochet. I love your new doily, I can only do dc and tc. I must try and do a bit more difficult stitches. When I see yours, I want to try more. Then I start something else, like a new jumper for Hubby and dolls clothes. Maybe I should make time. :)
    So pleased about you and Jesse. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your work takes me back to the delicate works of my grandmother and mother when they were a live. These vintage style doilies are so lovely and it is so wonderful to find someone who is keeping this fine art alive and well. You have a marvelous talent and your pieces are brilliant! I adore meeting creative blogging sisters and the process of sharing ideas and encouraging one another. I am totally intrigued with your creativity ability. I am your newest follower. Come on over and see what I've been doing. I love company and my welcome mat is always out. Connie :)

    ReplyDelete