Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Being busy crocheting etc....more sachets....

Good morning my friends, It's been raining a lot here in San Francisco. So of course I have been inside making my sachets...etc...I finished up my surprise for my sweet friend...and it's ready for the mail.
I hope that she likes it, I also made a round pot holder for her. I didn't have a pattern so I just made it up and it came out ok...
That started with that cute little flower I had made a while back...I'm happy with the way everything came out...so today when I go home I will pack it up and ship it off..
So I started another star but in pink and white going to do a few pink and white and maybe a couple different patterns not sure yet...I haven't been able to work on my cabinet or the garden, though yesterday morning I was able to rake up the leaves and things all over, well most of it anyways...
This is one of my favorite patterns I learned it from a doily my oldest daughter had when I first started learning how to crochet....
This is where I'm at now...
One of my most favorite things is my glass dome....yesterday I took a break and the weather gave us a chance to go outside. So I took Mom to do some errands and we went to the Goodwill and I found to tiny glass domes, I don't know what I will do with them...but they are pretty... I found two pretty amber glass Tea cups and saucers which I will show you later they are wrapped up still. and two littler cream & burgundy Tea cups and saucers I thought they'd be adorable for the girls...I found a Green Kitty cat statue for the garden I think she will fit just fine. . . I can't wait to place her out there...
Here are the pictures from the last two sachets that I made...
Sewing on the square to the pink corduroy...
Then I decided to Embroidery Sleeping on it...
Adding some trim across it ....


I love the heart...well this is what I have been up to since the last time I posted...

All the ones I have made so far, sewing by hand it is hard work specially since I haven't done it for a long time..but I'm enjoying it and it's keeping my mind busy...till the rain stops ...Just having fun and passing time...Hope that you are all well...wishing you a great week, I will be going home in a couple of hours..pick up some groceries a get home before it rains again...Be back soon with love Janice....
READY FOR SOME TEA WITH ME............

8 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Janice, I am so honored and happy that you love my studio so far. I also LOVE little birds. And you know, you are the only person so far that has noticed the faces on the flowers, at least the only one that commented on it!
    I am so in love with the little crocheted dress sachet you made that I am wondering if you make them for sale. I have another clothesline in the sewing room with vintage potholders, and even have one dress, but nothing as cute as this. I am thinking I would like to order a custom aqua and pink with a tiny bit of red accent dress sachet to hang on my clothesline. Do you make them to sell? And if so, send me an email or comment and let me know how much you would charge. Maybe I can order one!!! If not, no worries, I'll work on my crochet skills by learning to make one myself. I have tons of old patterns. But my, what a beautiful job you do, I'm impressed!
    Hugs,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Julie...I appreciate that...I do love your new studio much!...I would be glad to make you a dress pot holder...left you another comment....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will ask my husband if he will buy one for me. I hope so, I would love it!
    Hugs,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything you have done is beautiful!! I love the colors too!!
    We are chilly but sunny here. Some rain maybe tonight but temps are to be nice for the up coming holiday weekend.
    Have a Great Week!!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh, then go for it girl! Pink on the top of the dress, the bodice, teal for the skirt of the dress, and accent thread in red! I am so excited!!!!!! Thank you!
    Hugs,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  6. THANK YOU LADIES FOR YOUR COMMENTS I APPRECIATE THEM SO MUCH...HUGS AND MUCH LOVE

    ReplyDelete
  7. Janice,
    Now don't you rush, I will wait! Put it on the last of your list so you don't feel pressured, then you can enjoy making it! I'm excited. I'll send something out asap.
    Hugs,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete