Sunday, July 3, 2011

Sunday Morning

Good morning, Happy Sunday,
                         
                          It's going to be a very warm day today....I'm still here with my son and family. Yesterday was an interesting day...I spent the whole day texting, talking on the phone and staying on Facebook till 1am in the morning with a new friend a man..(listening to music together).Yes I said man, I know I said no more men..but I'm taking one more chance. Hopefully it will turn out good...His name is Ben and he seems very sweet..I know I have to take time and find out make sure he doesn't change some where down the line...I cooked in between all that..It was a wonderful day...so let me share with you what I cooked k...
I made Quesadillas, with fresh masa...a mixture of hamburger meat w/cubed carrots, and potatoes and fresh tomatoes...this Latin woman showed me how to make this..well showed my daughter then my daughter showed me...


Okay I started by burning some tomatillos, and jalepenos and a piece of onion and one clove garlic in a black skillet..It's on the top of the page. I cut them in half and put all that in a blender with a dash of salt and some cilantro..and chopped blended it...that was my salsa...then I peeled one carrot large and one large potato washed and cut into sm sm cubes.set aside. Then I chopped finely and half of onion, in another skillet pan I put a tablespoon of oil..and added those onion and carrots cooked for a couple minutes then adding two lbs of ground round...and cooking it down. while that was cooking I got about five red red Roma tomatoes and washed and cut into half a slice or a couple rings of onion and half clove garlic and pureed it in the blender o and dash of salt..when the hamburger was browned I add that tomatoe mixture. I let it cook for about 3 minutes adding say cup or more of water stirring it then added the potatoes I added a small amout like half teaspoon of menudo mix spice..rubbed it between my hand to make it fine...alittle more salt and then cracked pepper..then let it simmer for up to one hour...let it reduce down to almost no liquid..when it was done I took it off the burner and let cool..That's the filling for the Quesadillas...


Then I made the Masa, from Instant masa in a bag....just added water and dash of salt...I used probably half the bag maybe a little more..and I'm sorry but I didn't measure the water...just do it to feel and touch..you add say a couple of cups warm water mix and add another mix good though. you don't want the dough to feel sticky...that all I can really say about it..I let it set after mixing for about an hour.but you don't have to wait but maybe 15 mins...just so it can like absorb the water and fluff..lol...
then You take the masa form a ball about two inches round..then flatten it out..like a corn tortilla not to thin though. Ok I went to my pictures and hopefully these will help..
Here's the masa that I use.
Here's the masa mixed up.



you see after you make the ball you flatten it out like a tortilla then alittle bigger then more hold it in your hand adding the meat mixture...I also put first some Monterey Jack shredded cheese..then you fold together and pinch litely the edges together...forming something like a taco..then put into a hot pan of oil thats been heated not burning though...and fry for five or more minutes, again I dont watch the time on it I just judge it...so cook five or more then flip and another five or more... you can open one after you cook it to see if the masa is cooked inside...do a test one.. It take a minute or two to learn the making of these Quesadillas ...practice makes perfect...it how I learned...just jumping in there and doing it..what ever mistakes you make you inprove with time...remaking them over and over..sometimes I have a little problem with the masa cause I don't measure it..like yesterday's dough was very soft it was nice but I think it needed just alittle more masa...It takes great practice. they are well worth it in my opinion. My older son ate four of them, the grandchildren ate two a piece..I made like 28 my grandson said...and there are only a few left...and we laughed cause when I asked did they like them no one was speaking they were busy eating...LOL...I'm glad they enjoyed them..it was there first time tasting them...and everyone thanked me after..Mission accomplished...contented family with there tummies...


To serve cut open and add shredded lettuce tomato salsa or salsa verde which I made...some crema which is Mexican sour cream..and ceso fresco.. a Mexican cheese...with rice and fresh beets...Yumm.

I hope that you try these they are wonderful...wishing you a great day today...not sure what the day will hold..I'm recieving  a text..hummm who could it be...It's Ben...wink...
It's all I'm letting you see for now...bye

No comments:

Post a Comment