Saturday, April 30, 2011

My passion Cooking and Baking

Well here goes number three post:
It's a recipe that I recently found and I adore it. I was surfing one day which I do a lot because I get so terribly bored. I found this recipe on a Italian cooks page..It might sound strange to you but after I made it I loved it. I could have eaten the whole cake which I think I almost did..well here it goes


Here is the picture I took of the one I made. The original didn't have the glaze on it. I kind of added that to it. Which in my opinion did it justice.

Recipe as follows:

Lemon Blueberry Yogurt Cake w/ Rosemary:

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
pinch of salt
1 cup sugar
Grated zest of 1 lemon
1/2 cup plain Greek nonfat yogurt
3 large eggs
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup olive oil
1 tbsp fresh chopped rosemary leaves

1 pint of blueberries
1 tbsp flour to mix with the blueberries

Preheat oven to 350F. Generously butter an 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 inch loaf pan.

Put the sugar and zest in a medium bowl and rub the ingredients together until the sugar is fragrant.

Whisk in the yogurt, eggs, rosemary and vanilla.

When the mixture is well blended, gently whisk in the dry ingredients.
Fold in the oil. The batter will be thick and shiny.

Add a tablespoon of flour to the blueberries in a bowl to coat (so they don't sink to the bottom) and carefully mix into batter.

Using a rubber spatula, scrape into loaf pan.

Bake about 50-55 minutes until done.
Cool on rack about 10 minutes.

You can sprinkle with powdered sugar if you like

I hope that you try it...I was very happy with this recipe...Enjoy!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment