Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Baby Shower success.....

Well good afternoon, I know it's been a little while... I just was so busy with the Baby Shower and things and I'm still putting my house back together... We had a most wonderful time. Even though all the people who were supposed to show up didn't...It's funny how people say o invite me please I want to go and there don't even call and say they can't..Anyways....Victoria was happy and so was I. Everything came out great. I had much help from my Granddaughter Lysette and my daughter in law Jeannine..So I want to thank them for helping me out. And I would like to thank a friend Mousey...for helping financially....So this was my table...I used my blue glass vases and my collection of baby containers, I don't know if they have a name...
This one I put flowers from the garden..(once again a lot of my photos came out blury.)  I have had these for years
I have another shoe, but it's pink....
I left everything fairly simple because there was suppose to be so many people I didn't want anything broke...We ended up with around almost 20 which in my opinion was a perfect amount.
Two of Victoria's aunties..on her father's side.  It was very nice that they came and joined up for the celebration...
It was good to laugh and reminisce about old times, and when Victoria was little...
  My Mom, she is 77 years of age, she told Victoria that she wasn't going and Vee was mad....lol  but she came and made Vee very very happy...
 My daughter in law...Jeannine...A huge help she was...(ty again)
Much love and laughter went on...Myself I had many memories, one was when I had my baby shower for Vee, my mother in law had it for me...amazing....
  Playing the baby shower games...
 Lovely presents...(ty everyone)...baby will  be happy....I just realized I forgot to take pictures of the food...omg...Well the Menu went very well...they loved my soup and love the plantains with beans a cream...I made the shrimp salad and macaroni salad..well vee did that...O and I almost forgot...I made this dip for fruit which was a huge hit as well...I cut up strawberries fresh pineapple melon orange apples and made this dip..which I promise to share with you..everyone kept saying o my this is so yummie...O and by the way I made Lavender Chicken last nite...and o my was it tasty...going to share that with you as well..

 The cake for baby Isaiah.....
 Well I think that's it for now my friends...Vee has a dr appointment at 1:45 and it's about 1:oo now so I'm off and running. I believe I will be back on Friday to share those recipes with you..I hope that you are well and no one got caught in Hurricane Sandy way..God bless...have a great afternoon...
With much love Janice.............. 

2 comments:

  1. Looks like it was a wonderful baby shower....your menu look so good...I love pozole :) Congratulations on your new grandbaby...I have a Isaiah too,but he is 14 now. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like a wonderful party and the food looks so delicious.
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete