Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Some of the finds....




Good early morning, woke up very early today, which I do most of the time when I'm here...I'm ready to go home today just don't know if I can be home alone Vee has to work today. So I don't know..YUK! any how here are a couple of the cute little things that I found at the Good will the other day...I was excited when I seen the Christmas Tea Pot..and the sweet Little angel. and the tiny basket was adorable. I did find some other things but haven't had a chance to take a photo... but I will



Isn't the tiny angel sweet, I just loved her....the Tea Pot looks fairly new, barely been used... Well I also thought I'd share a new Christmas Cookie Recipe with you...I plan to make these soon too, check them out...So here's the recipe for you

Italian Christmas Cookie, my second Mom used to make these, though this is not her recipe but I know these are them...
These are from someones Grandma...

Italian Christmas Cookies

From my Grandmother

3 Eggs
3/4 C. Sugar
1 C. Butter, softened
1/2 1 oz. Bottle of Anise Extract (Should be 1 oz. of Anise Oil for more bite and flavor)
3 C. Flour
3 tsp. Baking Powder
1/4 tsp. Salt

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Mix together eggs, sugar, butter, and anise flavoring either in a stand mixer or large bowl with hand mixer.
Blend in dry ingredients and mix well.
Roll dough into small balls, only about 1/2" wide as they will expand quite a bit.
Bake on ungreased baking sheet for about 10-15 minutes until they are just starting to get golden brown on top. These cookies to not get very brown on top, but if you lift one up, the bottom will be a lovely golden color. Be sure to cook enough as they should be just slightly cakey when done right. (I haven't mastered this yet!)
Allow to cool completely and then glaze and sprinkle with colored candy balls. Glaze recipe below.

Sugar Glaze

1/2 C. or more Confectioners Sugar
1 tsp. Milk
Colored Candy Sprinkles
Mix together sugar and milk until a thick liquid is achieved. You want the glaze to be thin enough to drip off the cookies, but thick enough to leave a nice off-white coating on the top.
Leave glaze in a small bowl. Hold each cookie upside down and dunk the top into the glaze, holding it out over the bowl to let the excess drip off. Flip over, place on parchment paper or wax paper (for easy clean up) and sprinkle with candies while wet. Allow to dry before serving.
Let me know if you try them...and how they turn out..wishing you a grand day...the sky is beautiful this morning...

With much love Janice....

9 comments:

  1. I am going to try this recipe out. Thanks so much for sharing it!

    Ciao Bella
    Creative Carmelina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning and thank you for stopping by the cottage! Your blog is beautiful and it appears we have much in common! Have a great day!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just made your anise cookie recipe. The house smells great!
    I'll send you a picture of them to prove it!
    What's your email?

    When they cool off, I'll ice them.

    Ciao Bella!
    You just made one Italian girl very, very happy!

    Creative Carmelina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tea would be lovely and a cookie swap would be an added bonus. ;)

    Wishing you a day of wonder,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. Need I say what a beautiful, beautiful blog you have!? My, you have found a kindred spirit in me. We love the same things.!

    Lisa

    ps-I sent you an invoice. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. THANK YOU FOR YOUR COMMENTS..I BELIEVE I HAVE FOUND A KINDRED SPIRIT IN YOU...

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous tea pot!! A great find!! The cookies look heavenly -- perfect with tea :)

    Blessings!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the Christmas tea pot you bought, how perfect! The little angel is very cute indeed.
    Those cookies look pretty good! Thanks for the recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. O your welcome my dear Magie...hugs

    ReplyDelete