Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Good Morning...Tuesday (Crocheting) & (Blueberry Ricotta Cake)


Well I have been busy Crocheting a dress Pot Holder it took me a minute to figure it out but I finally did..I'm almost done with it. Just adding the sleeves and collar Then I have to put on the edging...It's so cute....


The hardest part was figuring out the top of the dress, I couldn't find a place where it was started...

Getting there....

Almost finished added the little belt and now I'm making the sleeves a ruffle so to speak...need to finish up and do the other side then the collar then I will trim it off with some with and O the last thing is to make the hanger part for it to hang on the wall...So what have you been up to ??? I also have gotten sick I lost my voice and feel terrible all over... I have been waiting for the Dr. office call me... I hate waiting... Well wishing you a great Tuesday Day...with Love Janice


I also thought I would leave this recipe for you that I found...it looks really good. I haven't tried it yet but it sure looks yummy....

Blueberry Ricotta Cake
from Stacey Snacks

Ingredients:

Batter:
1 cup All-Purpose Flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup milk
1/4 cup butter
1 large egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
zest of a lemon
3/4 cup fresh blueberries

Topping:
2 large eggs
1 1/4 cups ricotta cheese
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon vanilla

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9 x 9 x 2-inch pan

For the batter: In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Add the milk, shortening, egg and vanilla, beating till smooth. Spoon the batter into a greased 9 x 9 x 2-inch pan Sprinkle the blueberries over the batter.

For the topping: In a small bowl, beat the eggs till frothy, then beat in the cheese, sugar and vanilla. Spread this mixture evenly over the blueberries.

Bake the cake for 55 to 60 minutes, or until it's golden brown around the edges. Remove from the oven and cool to lukewarm before serving.

2 comments:

  1. Love the little blue dress!! I have a few of these in other colors... But I didn't make them myself like you did. I am not very good with crochet. I think I did a post about them about a year ago. (I added a search box on my sidebar if you want to hunt for them.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. O wow..will have to check them out...I had found some on a blog and asked the woman about buying them she said okay but never spoke to me any longer..I tried three times and she left me in the air... I have one original and love it ..ty

    ReplyDelete