Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Wednesday, just another day

      Howdy everyone...  I'm still sick with this yukie cold thing...  I do feel a tad better, but not a whole lot...  This is a little lady that I believe I found at a thrift store long ago... She is in Pink and Gold...  
      Can't get the right lighting...  She matches my lamps they are all in Pink with Gold as well...
      This one is on top of my t.v.   Next to the lady...  My niece who says im not her aunt anymore bought it for me...
Long story...
      A tiny vintage doily...  I just purchased some smaller vintage thread on line in hopes that I can make something with it, lol but I'm kind of nerves because it's so thin...  But like this tiny piece...  Back then they made them with the smallest of threads and needles...

            

      These are the colors that I got...  My goal is to see if I can make this one small doily with small pansies... It will be a challenge indeed, but it's good for the soul...  
  

      This large doily I need to block still but havent and put it on the t.v. Anyways...
      I love vintage as you know, I simply can't get enough...

      Shall we have tea...  I really like this Mason's Regency pattern... Fell in love with it right away...  I believe I showed you before and told you it belonged to the mans mother which I liked that idea...  Well the teapot did...
      The teacups came from a different place...   But they match perfectly...

      This is the round doily that I made to match it...
      I was really content with this doily and the way the colors came about...  I always kind of have idea in my mind but never sure if I can transfer it into what I vision...  But I believe I accomplished my vision here...  I have made this very one in other colors...
      This one was I believe last year for Autunm...
                                   http://beedoily.blogspot.com     .......
I do have a blog for my crocheting but I don't post a lot...  I was thinking to stop it and just put everything on one blog...   It might be better to maintain...
      My dear teapot...
      My other Pink Lamp, this I have two of and bought them for 4.95 each at Savers years ago... Shades and all ...  I just last year bought two new shades from  Ross, simular these have gotten spots on them...  I will just have to remove the beads and replace them on to the new shades later...
                             Pink candles... Love Pink everything... 
      Well my dear friends I think it's time for some tylenol and tea...  Have a wonderful rest of the week...  Thank you for your visits and love... Sending all my love to you...
                                  Janice Louise...
  






5 comments:

  1. You are very talented! Your croquet is stunning and very romantic. Your creations are perfect for your pretty tea cups.
    Hugs
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very sorry to hear you are still feeling bad. Some of those colds are so hard to kick. Your lady and lamps are so very nice and your crochet work is just lovely. Thank you for sharing your lovely things with us. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes indeed they are sometimes and I believe as we age its even harder, thank you ....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh ... a girl after my own heart. I love lace...and pink...and teacups!!

    I hope you feel better soon..colds can be real stinkers!

    You have a very pretty blog and I will be dropping by more often

    Hugs
    Phoebe x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your lady figurine, Janice. She is grand! I really like figurines like this, and have seen some around but they are expensive, so never buy them. Maybe the thrift stores will be less. I like the pink and gold in this one. And your blue tea cup is so pretty.

    Have a merry and bright Christmas season, Janice.

    love, ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete