Wednesday, March 13, 2013

It's almost here Spring that is...


SPRING TIME.....
It's just around the corner, so excited I'am. Seems like we barely had a winter.. I have been working in the Garden already.  I started my large garden box I planted a Tomato plant Red bell pepper and a Green bell and One Tomatillo plant Yesterday I decided to change my kitchen table to more of a 
spring time look. So I went in the hall closet and starting digging looking for a spring time vintage table cloth and this is what I came up with...Large cross stitch flowers with blue ribbons running around it with smaller flowers in between...
I didn't do this piece but I love all the work done on it...
I love this little vintage crocheted dress potholder.. 
It all started with these daffodils from the Safeway store.. they were only $1.62 very cheap. I love daffodils
a lot. what about you???
I used my vintage Salt & Peppers with the red tops that I have had for a long time and my newer little blue birds ones. I also used my Hazel Scio Pattern dishes..
I'm still trying to find the sugar bowl I have located one and it's $35.00 and a different shape I can get either one because I have both creamer's... that's $20.00 less.
I just love these dishes..the table cloth matches pretty much...
Here is a new doily that I recently purchase and I'm hoping that I can copy it..It seems simple enough but you never know..
But let's hope I can follow it.!!!
Wishing you a most lovely day... I have some other things to share but they will have to wait... I been cooking and baking again...
  With love Janice

    

7 comments:

  1. Hello Dear Janice!
    Your table looks so lovely and inviting with all the soft, cozy looking blue. I have the same little potholder dress in red and white. Love them! I wish it was Spring here. We had more snow here in Illinois yesterday and the temp is in the 2o's today. Ugh! We have had plenty of Winter!
    So happy you are enjoying nice weather there though. Ours will arrive eventually.
    Be Blessed Dear,
    Danette

    ReplyDelete
  2. A pretty spring table, I love the light shades of blue. Spring is next week but right now it is snowing heavily again here.
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely Springtime table!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful table with all the robin's egg blue colors. Very springy - lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Janice,
    This is such a cheerful table. Springy and sweet and colorful that it just makes you smile.
    Ruthie from: http://www.ladybstimefortea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Janice,
    You have set such a cheery tea table! I love the colors you used, all the pretty aqua and white. Your china is so lovely! What a delight!
    Thank you so much for joining in Tea Cup Tuesday!
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  7. Janice,
    Your spring table looks lovely. I really like the vintage crocheted dress. I have one just like this but it is pink. My grandma made it. The blues in your spring decor are so pretty. I love blue in the home. Have a nice Friday.
    ~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

    ReplyDelete