Thursday, May 31, 2012

Warm afternoon finally...

Good afternoon, it's rather warm and I'm glad. I just came over to Mom's to drop off some Soup and Tamales for her. Yesterday I spent the day cleaning some things and cooking...I decided I wanted some soup and some Tamales to accompany them. Just some plain ones with just cheese and green salsa and they came out great. This is my Tea Pot that I don't have the lid to...so I just used a plate...lol...I was thinking I should try to find one for it....
Trying to decided which Tea cup to use...Hummmm ....
I think I will use this doily and this Tea cup....
As you can see I like cream and sugar in my Tea....not all the time but most...
I think it's just a bunch of photos today to share....
I used several cups of Instant Masa, with hot boiling water w/a small amount of consume bullion powder, w/about a half cup of oil, I don't like using lard cause it makes my tummy not feel good...
Homemade salsa verde...
Just like that and wrap them up fold them and put them in the steamer....


And a warm Pot of Caldo de Res...which is Beef soup...which I love the soup and Tamales were great...lol we even ate it for breakfast this morning....
Thank you for stopping by and letting me share my photos with you...I hope you enjoy Tea with me and Caldo de Res and Tamales...have a lovely evening with love Janice....

5 comments:

  1. I had a great time catching up here..your new look is beautiful. The soup and tamales look so yummy. I am a big fan of all kinds of soup.I love one pot meals :) I take cream and sugar in my tea as well. And my everyday dishes(the other kind I have) are Blue Willow as well.
    Blessings friend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blue willow teapot. The legend of Koong and Chang is so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tamales and soup look wonderful! I must make an attempt at tamales someday soon. You make them look so easy!
    Hugs!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blue and white teacups and teapot. I don't think the teapot looks bad without the lid. The saucer looks rather nice on top. At first I thought it was suppose to be like that.
    ~Clara

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just found you hopping around blogland and have to admit all the beautiful pictures of Victorian ladies pulled me in!! Your blue willow tea set is beautiful, I'm sure you could easily find a replacement lid via the internet! Have a wonderful weekend, I'm your newest follower (I'll be back to visit soon!),Lisa from Sall's Country Life.

    ReplyDelete