Sunday, January 1, 2012

Going to the hospital today & Toffee Crumble Scones


WELL I DECIDED THAT I WAS GOING TO THE HOSPITAL TODAY NO MATTER WHAT. THIS PAIN I KEEP GETTING MUST BE SOMETHING WRONG. AT THE MOMENT I'M NOT FEELING IT. BUT I'M GOING ANYWAYS. JUST WAITING FOR MY SISTER TO SHOW UP TO GO WITH ME...I SO WANT TO GO HOME I'M JUST DYING TO...MY STAY HERE AT MOM'S HAS BE WAY OVER DUE, I LOVE MOM BUT SOMETIMES SO IS IN SO MUCH DEPRESSION IT MAKES ME CRAZY. IT'S NOT JUST BECAUSE SHE IS OLD, SHE HAS ALWAYS HAD NEGATIVE THOUGHTS


WELL SISTER JUST CALLED AND SAID SHE WOULD BE HERE AROUND 11 AM. AND IT'S 8 AM NOW..SO THAT'S FINE THANK THE FATHER ABOVE NO PAIN THIS MORNING SO FAR...I CAN'T FIGURE WHAT IS GOING ON WITH ME..EXCEPT MAYBE THE ANTIBIOTICS AND TO MUCH USING OF THE BATHROOM, MAYBE MY INTESTINES BECAME SORE AND INFLAMMATION BUILT..HOPING THAT IS THE PROBLEM.

WELL THE NEW YEAR IS HERE, ARE YOU READY FOR IT...I'AM..SOON AS MY PROBLEM GOES AWAY. O I ALMOST FORGOT. I GOT A FRIEND WHO IS GOING TO DO WEIGHT WATCHER WITH ME..I'M SO EXCITED CAN'T WAIT TO GET STARTED...I'M ACTUALLY GOING TO JOIN ON LINE. . HAVE NEVER JOINED BUT I FIGURED IT WAS TIME TO..MY WEIGHT IS ANNOYING ME TOTALLY..
WELL I THINK THAT'S IT FOR TODAY...WISHING YOU ALL A LOVELY DAY TODAY...FULL OF LOVE...JANICE

I THOUGHT THIS WAS A NICE RECIPE TO SHARE WITH YOU THANK YOU TO THE PINK PICCADILLY PASTRIES..

Toffee Crumble Scones

For the Scones:
2 cups AP flour
1 tbsp baking powder
pinch salt
1/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup Heath's Toffee Pieces
1/3 cup butter, cut up
1 cup heavy cream

For the Crumble:
1 cup AP flour
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup Heath's Toffee Pieces
6 tbsp butter, room temp

Combine the first five ingredients, cut in butter with a pastry blender (or rub in with your hands) until crumbly. Add heavy cream, stirring just till moistened. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead just until dough comes together. Pat dough into a rectangle and cut into 12 equal square pieces. (I use a dough scraper) You don't have to be perfect. You can also just pat the dough into a round shape, then cut that round into wedges. Place pieces on a parchment lined baking sheet or into a baking pan such a mine.

For the crumble, combine flour, sugar, salt, and toffee pieces. Using a pastry blender or fork, cut in the butter until fine crumbs form. Using your hands, squeeze together most of the mixture to form large clumps.

Add a heaping tablespoon of the crumble to the top of the scones and bake in a 375 degree oven for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, best to get looked at, if you are not feeling right. Take care and hope you start to feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete