Monday, November 14, 2016

Mondays chatter...

     Helo dearest, I hope you've had a lovely weekend.  Mine, O it was a bit over whelming...  My business didn't go well as I hoped it to..  Well the beginning did at the court house searching for things..  All went good..  Us two not thinking City Hall was a very active place..  Protesters were all over the place police and even helicopters, not sure it they police ot news reporters or both..  
     This is in the back side of our City Hall well there are two sides that you can enter...   Our City Hall is the whole huge block.  But this day we were only allowed to enter on a side door...  This area was blocked off due to all the protesters..  My grandchildren said their teachers said they could leave school to join the protesters at city hall if they liked to..  My grandchildren came home..  
     Our City Hall is very grand in San Francisco..  I couldn't get closer in to take a better photo of the ceiling it was also blocked off due to weddings that were going on...  But the ceiling is amazingly beautiful...

     This is the same area, at the very top of the stairs someone is getting married...
     After we left that area to go find our direction we found this huge room...  This is a volt where they used to collect the taxes way back when...
     Aside from the vault was this huge glass case with vintage american flags inside...
     It also had displays with wooden structures inside... This one is of the City Hall...   There was also a wooden display of a Victorian house, but I forgot to take a photo...


     Thats my oldest daughter Stephanie to the left...   This glass case had some interesting things inside...  It was a couple of phtos of some marriages and the certificates...  One being of Marilyn Monroe's..   
     She is in the middle with Joe Demagio the famous baseball player ...
    Tried to get a close up but there was sometimg on the glass that fuzzed some of it out.
   This is their certificate..  I love Marilyn and never knew this was here...  The second lady I adore as well. She is Frida Kahalo and her husband Deigo...  They are from Mexico but back when he came to San Francisco to paint a huge painting...  They had been married but divorced and re married here in San Francisco.. 
           Thats them at the bottom photo....
          This was pretty exciting for me I love and adore both these woman...
     A print of our City Hall.  I was told that my great grandfather was brought here from Scotland back a long time ago to do some masionary work on City Hall..  He was very good at what he did so they brought him here.  I don't know much about it..  I had breifly thought about it and forgot.  I might have been able to look it up..
   Lots of people getting married I didn't take many photos of them I thought maybe they wouldn't have liked that...  But there were many ...
     We had to go to the same room that they were going to register to marry for one of the papers that I needed..
      All finished now time to go home...  This is the other side of the stairs...
     Hehe I had my daughter take a photo even though she didn't really want to...   Thanks Stef...
                 A statue of Abraham Lincoln....   
     Stef and the statue, ....
     Back to the mess on the street an sidewalk...
     A look into the sky ...  The helicopters are way up there...  As we left and walked a couple of blocks we got on a bus to go home only to get off a block or so later...  The bus was just horrible.  . . Drug users stinky people people talking to theirselves.. Just packed with them, horrible smells.. I had to get off and as we walked back towards the City Hall it was just crazy drug addicts all over the place..  I got nerves and couldn't wait to get out of there...  I later thought to myself what the heck and when did it get so bad...was never like that before...  But besides all that mess my things went well...  But Saturday was a disaster...  Totally, so much I don't even know what to say about it.  I can't explain it all because I don't know who still reads my blog..  And I don't want certain family members to know my business...  So at the moment I have gave it to God.  It is to much to handle...  Today is not the greatest day either ....     So I'm just going to say good bye here... 
                               🍃🌺  With love Janice  🌺🍃

19 comments:

  1. Janice, look up. The sun is shining! ...er, well, it is about to set...but it will come up again. :-)

    That is sad, horrifying, heartbreaking about the addicts. Everyone tries to fill the God shaped hole.
    And there in that beautiful place...it is incomprehensible.


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweet Sandi... I know I'm trusting God dor each day that comes total direction. It was very sad as we were on the bus a young man was sitting on the sidewalk shooting up drugs into his leg.. Our world is in a sad state.. All we can do is pray for them.. Love n hugs

      Delete
  2. O MY!! What an amazing tour of such a spectacular building!! It is truly breath taking and I want to thank you for sharing it with us as I love this type of thing!
    Thanks too for stopping by!!
    Hugs.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your very welcome dear Debbie... I was excited by the beauty I wanted to share it with everyone.. Hugs and thank you for your visits

      Delete
  3. I feel sad for you that things didn't work out as you would like on Saturday, Janice.What can one say, except I am thinking of you. On a lighter note your city hall is amazing. What a lovely building and filled with so many historical photos and information. It does sound as if things are crazy over in San Fransisco at the moment. My daughter is living there at the moment and she says the same thing....very chaotic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dear sweet Kim... Thank you for the love and support. It matters the most to me. Just knowing there is someone there.. Everyone allowing me to vent and just being understanding. It helps.. I did enjoy City Hall I have lived here all my life but never had the time to really look at it in the way I was able the other day.. And yes your daughter is right it is quite crazy here. I don't go out as much so I don't see a lot. I don't even do tv anymore. So I don't know half of what goes on these days... Thank you for your visit.. Hugs

      Delete
  4. I'm glad you got the necessary work accomplished at City Hall. Sorry to hear that today was not so great. Getting these things settled can be a pain, but I hope you're able to sort through whatever it is. Hugs to you, and keep the faith.
    Your City Hall is incredible! Lots of interesting things to see in there. The protesters seem to be everywhere since last week. I think your grandkids were smart to come home rather than take their teacher's advice. Take care Janice, and don't despair, it will all come out right.
    Wendy xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Wendy... I'm better today. Just had to do some refocusing and figure the next steps. But I'm going to take a short break clean my home up for the holidays and go from there. Hugs

      Delete
  5. Great photos, Janice. Thanks for taking us along with you. Hope things go well for you, dear. Good that you turned it over to the Master. He runs the show, after all. Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear Susan, I believe strongly in God. Just sometimes it gets a bit ruff and I just have to re focus.. Hugs

      Delete
  6. What a beautiful building, you gave us such a lovely tour. Sorry things didn't go as you hoped.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my dear. Well some things went well, so I guess I should hang on to that.. Thank you for your visit hugs

      Delete
  7. Thanks for sharing your day with us. Hope all goes well for you. My uncles and grandfather helped build the Golden Gate Bridge way back when. They would spend the week there, then go home to our little town of Sonoma for the weekend. One Friday night one uncle came home sick. He had caught malaria and died soon after. I think if the protesters knew how many times the election has disappointed the people but the nation has survived they might just calm down. Abraham Lincoln was reviled when elected and he turned out OK.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How exciting too. Sad your one uncle got sick and passed on.. My mom had her best friend who lived in Sonoma.. We went there all the time to visit.. And I agree everyone just needs to calm down with the president thing but I don't believe they will any time soon.. Thank you dearest for your visit hugs

      Delete
  8. Thank you very much for the wonderful tour. This is a very beautiful place.
    Hugs Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sending hugs and my love, Janice♥ Thanks for the tour ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a lovely place, what beautiful architecture :) Thanks for showing us around.

    Diana

    ReplyDelete