Monday, August 22, 2016

Make mine roses, plz...

M     Can you believe my prior post got totally mess up and deleted..  Yes, well it did...  Good morning dearests,  It is another dreary San Francisco no sunshine morning...  It feels just like fall..  Seems to soon though...  But then again our weather has been so silly, I don't believe I have even seen summer.  It was worse than last summer.  I usually hang laundry out and I really haven't been able to..  Oh dear summer where are you...  Well I was sad my post got deleted but maybe it was just as well.  So I will thank everyone for your kind words and prayers Elcee and Bernideen and all of you...   At one time in my life I was angry, angry even at God can you believe that...  But I was young without my knowledge of life... And even though now I'am pretty much alone besides my children and grandchildren..  I'am content and it seems as the days pass I find a calmness within..  I no longer have to deal with the past.. It is so to speak dead and gone.  I often think that I probably could write a book or at least tell a long story of my life.  It is often said that if I didn't go through what I did I wouldn't be who I'am today.  I'am deeply grateful for the insight and knowledge that I now posses within me.  I thank God for that.  Because he showed me.   Im very grateful for "you" And this blog journey that I have had...  Also your friendship and your kindness...   So though the morning is a bit dreary I want roses...  And since I won't be running off to the store.  i will set a tray of roses before me...  The fire is on for the water kettle...
     And my green tray, that seems to be comin unattached is here.  I suppose a bit of glue will tiddy it up...  Later I will do that...
      Washing the teapot because it hasn't been in use for a little while..  And I want a nice fresh clean pot...
      Ready, I so love this little rose teapot...  It's roses are so delicate...  I have shown it long time ago..  It is from Gracie's ( I found it thrifting with mama...  
      A matching teacup, and even though I have the matching saucer I changed it to this unknown one...  A sweet ring of little roses and daisies that I love...
      A beautiful bowl for my cereal...  These touched my heart the day I found them I believe it was at the teashop,there were two...  After mama first passed on and I was going through boxes we had brought from the storage, I found some other pieces to this pattern..  I was delighted...  The pattern is soft and whispery... They are called California Chintz, Santa Anita ware, made in California...  
      My tray is set and I'm ready for some sweet hot tea, just a touch of honey and a few drops of little sweet lemon from the tree in mamas garden..  They have the loveliest smell to them...

                      A rosy teabag holder...  Just right for the occasion...




      Awe...  Lovely off to curl up on the sofa for a few moments of me time with my roses...
      Wish you could all join me we could sit and chat a while before everyone else awakens...
Soft sweet whispery roses and quietness what more could a lady want...  I hope this Monday starts off to be a great new week for all of us...  With much love Janice...  Ps remember we can make our own sunshine within..  Thank you everyone for your dear visits they are precious to me...

                I'm join this party today .......


                            See you there

7 comments:

  1. Actually Janice ... I will join you in a bit of tea. I'm canning tomatoes at the moment and I need a respite. Thank you for sharing your lively home with me today 😊🙂

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a beautiful tray Janice! Love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have certainly set a beautiful tray for tea. Love the roses.

    ReplyDelete

  4. How awful! I hate if that happens to me, I don't blame you my friend.
    I love your post and your green tray and pretty teapot with sweet flowers as well as your teacup and saucer.
    Have a blessed week.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved seeing your special tea tray for just you, Janice! You always set your trays with such pretties.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there! Just browsing your blog after spotting your comment on mine (the Beatrix Potter swap and tea). I love these pink whispery roses. If you are interested I just did a quick search on ebay and found a matching creamer. Here is the link:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/California-Chintz-Santa-Anita-Ware-Pink-Rose-Creamer-Pitcher-Rare-Collectible-/131906650504
    Take care, and God bless! ~Heather

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am in love with your tea pot Janice! And such a warm and cozy tray! :) Wouldn't it be fun to enjoy a cup of tea together! Maybe one day in the next life :)

    ReplyDelete