Saturday, February 2, 2013

Good things .............Triple Ginger Cookies...

Well I Have been ever so sick...I'm hoping that I will start to get better soon or it's off to the dr. again...I have been coughing till I'm crazy...My new pink tea pot I just love it...
 My old pink tea cup...and new saucer...
 The pattern....so sweet tiny flowers...
 My newest Creamer...
Well I just got so bored home alone I decided to cook and bake..first for some silly reason I wanted Carne asada enchiladas ...go figure so that's what I made..Then I had the new Country Living Magazine..and I thumbed through it and I think  it was at the end of it they had a cookie recipe and for the heck of it I thought that I would give them a try...so I did just that.

                                                       Triple Ginger Cookies...
makes 40 cookies
2 cups of whole wheat flour..( I used regular )
1 Tablespoon of ground ginger
1 teaspoon of baking soda
pinch of salt
1 stick of butter which is a half of a cup
1/4 cup of molasses
2/3 cup of brown sugar
2 Tablespoons of fresh Ginger finely grated
1 large Egg beaten
1 cup of dried Apricots finely chopped
1/2 cup of finely chopped crystallized Ginger
1 cup of turbinado sugar

In a large bowl stir together flour, ground ginger, baking soda and the pinch of salt and
set it aside.
In a sauce pan  over medium low heat, melt the butter. Remove from the heat and the molasses,
brown sugar and fresh Ginger. Let cool.
Next after it's cooled Add the one egg to the molasses and butter mixture.  Stir to combine.
Slowly stir into the dry ingredients , then stir in the Apricots and crystallized Ginger.  Cover with
plastic wrap after mixing and refrigerate for about one hour...
Then pre heat oven to 350 degress Meanwhile place turbinado sugar in a shallow bowl. 
Shape dough into a small round ball half inch in size.
roll them in the turbinado sugar and place on cookie sheet .. ( I didn't have turbinado sugar on hand
so I just used some regular sugar) leave at least two inches between each cookie. Bake between 8-10
minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and cool them...I have to say I really like these...and guess what so
did Mom. hahaha...she did..I think they will be nice for a Tea party and just a hot cuppa alone ...try them.
                                                  Thanks to Country Living magazine...

I hope that you enjoy them as much as I did....


Have a fabulous Weekend my dear friends...God bless.............

2 comments:

  1. How cute is that!!Put the cookies in the little creamer..love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you start to feel better soon! Love, love that pink!! Such pretty dishware. The cookies sound wonderful!

    ReplyDelete