Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Plums ๐ŸŒฟ๐Ÿˆ๐ŸŒบ

      ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒบHello everyone, just thought I would pop in I'm not going to bible study today.  I'm not up to par, lack of sleep and my sinuses are bothering me a ton..  So I'm here and I want to share these lovely hand pies with you made with plums.. 
     I think it is a simple recipe to do...  and they taste pretty good..   I had some plums that were about to hit the dust soon...  last time I made the plum cake which I really enjoyed ...  this recipe just make a few so your not there forever doing a ton of pies.  And I like the fact they are baked not fried..

     My house smells fabulous..๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒบ. Off to the oven..


     The crust is simple๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒบ





     They were fun to make I always wanted to make hand pies just finally got around to it..

Credit goes to Baking bites....  ๐ŸŒบ

Plum Hand Pies
dough for two 9-inch pie crusts (double recipe below)
8 plums, diced
1/3 cup sugar
2 tbsp cornstarch
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 375F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a medium bowl, combine diced plums, sugar, cornstarch, salt and vanilla and toss until plums are well coated.
Roll out the pie dough on a lightly floured surface until it is about 1/8-inch thick. Use a 5 or 6-inch round cutter to cut dough into 10 rounds. Work with the dough in two batches if your kitchen is warm. Dough can also be cut into rectangles instead of circles. Transfer dough rounds to a parchment-lined baking sheet.
Place 3-4 tbsp of filling onto half of each round, leaving about 1/2-inch of dough around the outside edge. Brush edge of dough with a little water, then fold over the extra dough to cover the filling. Use a fork to seal the edge of the pie.
Refrigerate pies for 25 minutes.
Brush pies with a little bit of milk and sprinkle with coarse sugar. Cut 2-3 vents in the top of each pie with a sharp knife.
Bake for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown.
Allow to cool slightly before serving.

Makes 10 pies

All Butter Pie Crust
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter, chilled and cut into pieces
5-7 tbsp ice water

Whisk together flour, salt and sugar in a large bowl. Rub in butter with your fingertips, pressing it into the flour mixture and breaking it up, until mixture resemble very coarse sand and no pieces larger than a large pea remain. Using a fork, stir in ice water until dough almost comes together into a ball. Press dough into a ball with your hands and wrap in plastic. Chill for at least 60 minutes before using.

๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒฟ
               A lovely recipe.. this one is going in my book...  hope you try them, with love Janice
                                           ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒฟ





14 comments:

  1. Handpies are one of my favs. these looks so delicious, thank you for sharing.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hummm!!Mouth watering!!!Hugs,have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum, Janice, those look so good with the fruit oozing out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Janice they look delicious. Thank you for asking about my parents move. Sadly the people that were going to buy their bungalow have pulled out so now it is back on the market.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your plum hand pies look amazing, Janice. I wish I had one to go with my coffee right now. You are such a good baker. I look forward to seeing all the goodies you make around Christmas. And you always have such cute stuff in your kitchen in reds. Love seeing that. : )

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  6. Janice, I could never make hand pies that look like yours. You must be a great cook.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, they look so delicious!
    I hope you are feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those looks so yummy!!!!
    Hugs Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bom aspecto e serรฃo com certeza deliciosos. Bom fim de semana. Felicidades.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Janice. Those look scrumptuous. I have to say, you are a wonderful baker. And all your Pioneer Woman china and glasses looks gorgeous. So happy and colorful! Thanks for stopping by my post, too. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  11. Janice, these pies look SO amazing! And of course anything look good when it's displayed so beautifully displayed in the Pioneer Woman vessels!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These look delicious! I honestly don't ever bake with plums, but looks like they make great tiny pies. Hugs,
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh goodness..these look delicious! I have never had a good hand with pastry for some reason, but these make me want to try again! Have a lovely week!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete