Friday, October 2, 2015

Friday Morning Chatter...

      Good morning...   To start with I'm sick with a face cold, geezze again...    I just hate being sick, this past year it seem's like over and over...    Well at least this time it's been a bit longer since the last...it's a lovely morning otherwise...    The sun is shinning and I love these crisp sunny morning's...
     My sweet Turquoise bird, she sits in the Eggplant patch,   And I'm getting another Eggplant...   I had one which I've never ever got before the plants always died...    They need a lot of sun from what I read and the front part of my garden gets that...    So it worked out good...    The first one that came something was eating at it...    But I left it on the vine...   I took it off the other day I had thought it was no good and darn when I cut it open it was fine,  I threw it out though because I believed it needed to get bigger... Well experience right lol...
      Well, I just barely have the two plants...
      And here's the second little eggplant coming about...    It has made a lot of blooms but many fell off...    The other one didn't seem to grow to fast and as much booster dirt I have put in this ground it's still poor...    I haven't a clue why...

                             Well I think it's the perfect time to share my bowls with you...    I have admired these bowls forever and a day... So last year I was able to purchase two of them...    I have this idea for mama's house...    I had gotten O years ago thinking she, mama, was going to fix the down stairs but she never did...   But I hung on to several pieces of old fashioned cabinets that came from some house that was being remodeled .    Dad cleaned up the old stuff...    one piece was a long cabinet and I had decide to use it for upstairs...    There's a place where the stove is now which will be changed completely to the other end of the kitchen if all goes well so this piece will be put next to the place where the stove is now...    I want to make it a baking center...    I kept a piece of black marble from my ex husband and i intend to have that cut and put on top...    Mama's kitchen is L shaped.... It's like you walk in from a long hallway to the top of the L here then down and it goes to the left... Any how the other day I was thinking because I love Turquoise,Aqua,Blue.  I want to make the baking center in Aquas...    The other end in more Blues...   Back to the bowls i just love them...
      They are not heavy at all. They do have other colors and they are very old...    I believe they are from Homer Laughlin and they are called Apple tree mixing or nesting bowls...    
      Mint,  did you know they have so may different mints now...    I recently purchased a Ginger mint 
And a Strawberry mint...   I have Orange, Chocolate, Pineapple, regular mint...    I love mint...
      They are such lovely bowls...
      Turquoise tea bag holder with my crocheted heart,  I made it with directions I had no clue what I was doing but it came out ok...



      Baby Marigolds, from seeds that came from the previous ones...    When the flowers dried up I removed them and opened the pod and planted them and they grew...    
      Pretty Geranium... 
      A Snowball Tree...    It's turning colors...    I got this tree from the neighbors garden...    The year before I saw the tree at a distance a large tree so pretty with these White snow balls and later it turned pretty colors and the leaves fell off...the next year when I was watering the apple tree in their garden because it's right next to the fence and no one takes care of it anymore...    I saw a little skinny piece of a tree coming right next to the apple tree...    At first I thought it was a new apple tree branch... But as it grew up it wasn't...    Yay,  little did anyone know I was going to get it, the new tree if it killed me lol...    There's a cyclone fence between us...    And darn I couldn't pull it out...    So I let it go and it grew a little more and I tried again...    This time I went for a tender branch, and I got a good piece and thought well I have nothing to lose so I put it in some water and to my surprise it grew roots in the water and here it is...    I put it into a pot...    So far it's doing fine...    I'm saving it for Mama's house....    My word it's now 2pm it took all day to get this post finished...    So Good afternoon...    It's Friday and tomorrow I'm hoping to do some things at Mama's...    So with all being said...    I wish you a fantastic Weekend
                                                         With Love
                                                            Janice



9 comments:

  1. I loved the bowls, such a beautiful colour and the crochet heart was a real delight. I have several varieties of mint that I like to experiment with. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can just imagine your aqua kitchen with bluer things at the other end. Sounds lovely. I think you have a green thumb, my dear! It sure looks like it from the things you show here. Right now we're in the midst of painting our old house and trying to fix it up a little and make it feel more like "ours." That's the problem with buying an old house from strangers. It takes a while for it to become your own and feel like home. It's slowly coming together, but there's still lots to do. We've really only just begun. The kitchen and bath remodels will be the biggies, hopefully next spring/summer. You hang in there. Your dream and vision for that house can come true!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Janice....The turquoise bowls are lovely. Your cottage is going to be GORGEOUS! I can't wait to see that dark marble countertop installed. Oh yes! Yes! Yes! Thank you for your sweet visits, my friend. Hugs. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those bowls are beautiful! I've never seen mixing bowls with such a pretty colour and pattern. These are a real treasure. You've had some success with your flowers and veggies! When I was a child I was admiring a snowball tree that my friend had at her house, and her father broke off a branch right there and gave it to me. I put it in water at home until it rooted, and then planted it on the hillside. It grew for so many years and always reminded me of my friend's father who was a wonderful kind man. These are such pretty shrubs, and I hope you have yours for many years too!
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all your turquoise goodies, Janice. That's one of my favorite colors. The crocheted doily is so pretty. You have egg plant growing in your garden!! My dad used to have a garden, and he would bring in egg plant, and my mom would fry it up that night. I really miss it.

    I hope you are enjoying the October days.

    love, ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Janice! I am so happy to meet a new fellow blogger! I so enjoyed this post and your lovely photos! Cannot wait to read more and get to know you better! I too,love anything Victorian! Wishing you a lovely week ahead and thank you for becoming a new follower to Estelle's! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The turquoise bowls are so lovely. I love this colour too.
    Hugs
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete