Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Tired out....

     Hello my dearest...
I'm so very tired from the weekend and more cleaning on Monday.  We cleaned all day Saturday and there is still more.  Though I knew it was going to be a huge task.  It was still amazing.  My mind keeps thinking what was she, mama thinking in her head.  Almost everything is either junk or ruined and that is not the half of it.   But I won't even share that icky part with you.  The good part is how everyone helped which didn't put the work on anyone person.  So it really went well.  Believe it or not we still need another dumpster and maybe a half...  Hopefully thats all.  But I'm beat.  On Monday we did some more because there was still some room left in the dumpster.  So my youngest son yesterday gathered all the wood from the garden and broken pots and added those too, good idea.  Today I'm just sitting on my couch.  Not wanting to move or do anything.  It is all so strange we can actually see in and around the basement now.  You can see the french doors and windows.. And through those french doors a lovely view of the bay..  I hope with Gods help and guidance we are able to fix the house decent..    
     Today I want to share some new pieces from online that I found by Homer Laughlin...  Blue
Chateau it is so pretty..  I found three soup bowls and a creamer... And I got a great deal..   They match my teacups and saucers...  I will need a few more but I will be patient and wait for them to come online....  
     I don't believe that they were ever used... They have some tiny flaws but a lot of china did from back then... Just the same though I love the color and the flower motif in the middle...  And well of course they match my teacups..  These don't always come and in this great condition nor at the price I paid...

     This is my recent doily that I completed...  I love it..

                   The sweet creamer...   

               Vintage cloth napkins with delicate embroidery ....




     Here is a surprise I received on Sunday afternoon from my daughter in law Ana married to my oldest son...
     I have been wanting these for ever...  Macy's had some from Martha..  But I just never got around to it....  Isn't it pretty, and so so very sweet of her to do this.  A very nice surprise after a hard cleaning day..  Later when I went down to close the door in the basement on Saturday, I looked all the way to the back and said wow in my heart and mind and said finally mama...  And I thanked God for this wonderfully productive day...  And closed the door...
     It is like a wide dutch oven...  And she bought me the skillet too...  Yep..  She won my heart for ever I told her, but then I told her she always had my heart anyways...  
     The black skillet ....  Wish mama's house was all finished and I was moving in already...
     A lovely vintage table cloth...  I love the blues and turquoise and greenish with red.. Pretty colors together...


     I think it is back to resting...  Maybe finish my other doily up...  Watch a movie...  Thank you all for your ecouragement you have no idea how much it means to me,  I thank each and everyone of you from my heart.......
                                 With love, Janice

2 comments:

  1. The doily is so pretty. I wished I could crochet like that, but I was never good at it. Love the plates too. When I was young I loved to clean house, but as I got older it seems I don't have the energy that I use to. I will be starting my fall cleaning soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have obviously had a huge task to clear out your dear mother's home. I understand the mixed emotions that hang heavy on your heart during this task, as I too had to do this with my parents' home (twice). Good for you for hiring a dumpster and tackling this in a determined way. It took me two years to empty my parents' last home pretty much on my own with just my little van (worst time of my life). You'll get through it though. As you are already seeing such a difference already, you will get there in the end and feel like a hero when it's all finished. It does get a bit disheartening at times, but I think you are feeling that weight lifting off of you already ... am I right? This is the biggest reason I decided to purge my own cluttered home at the beginning of this year. I didn't want my own kids to have to deal with my stuff when I'm gone (not that I'm too old yet!). Big hugs to you Janice for getting through this, and I hope you finish soon.
    Wendy x

    ReplyDelete