Thursday, September 29, 2016

Love these Peanut butter Cookies... And a little more...

     Well I decided to post these today..  I was going to do this for tomorrow. But a young woman age 20 has died that's close in our outter family circle and tomorrow is her funeral.  And I rather do it today than on the day of her being put to rest...  20 years old hadden't even started her life yet.  We don't know just what happened only that she was with friends and was missing then found two days later dead at the beach lying on some rocks..  It is tragic to the fullest..  I had never met her personally but heard a lot about her.  She was my daughters kids, dads brothers girl friend for a long time.  Some months back they had broken up.  And he now has some tumors and has cancer and I just don't know he is only 19 years old.  This world is crazy.  So my youngest daughter knows her and other close close friends we call family are related to her.  Her name is Rose...  Sometimes life is to much and it seems to be over flowing in this direction..  Those are just two issues...   So May young Rose RIP..  Free from pain and sorrow you are..  Free from this upside down life..   May the lord keep you in his thought for when the day comes for you to be awaken once again..  Sleep well dear Rose...  I guess its more over whelming because it hasnt be long ago since mama left..  And shes so young to have lost her life...  And in my life time it seems we have burried so many young ones..  And it is just more and more..           πŸƒπŸŒ·πŸŒΊπŸ‚πŸŒΈπŸ’žπŸ™πŸ’žπŸŒΈπŸ‚πŸŒΊπŸŒ·

     So moving forward to the Peanut butter cookie recipe...  I really am satisfied with this recipe...  I found it over at The charm of home blog..  It comes from King Arthur flour..  
     The reason I like them is because they have kind of a crunch and inside is still a tad chewy...  
     The batter is quite simple.  I whipped it up in the stand mixer to speed it up...  Right after you make the batter you can roll them into little balls then roll them into some sugar...
     Then lay them on your cookie sheet however which way...  I just used a ole cookie sheet plain with nothing on it...

     Then I started flattening them out with a fork dipped in sugar...  You know this is how they do most peanut butter cookies...   
          Ready for the oven....
     Put the timer on...  My sweet teapot timer that I got with a purchase of some pretty tin cans at Ross few years back....   I set up to make some tea. So when they were ready I could have a few with tea..
     I love these plates...   They were found thirfting.  I recently checked ebay and esty the prices at outrages and Im not kidding..  I wanted some teacups but the cost is way to much...
     I have just one saucer so I put it together with my melamine teacup that I recently got..  Funny thing there are three sets and one single cup... So it worked out...
     Years before after i had found the dinner plates I found a stack of sslad plates.. And this one saucer..  I want more pieces but refuse pay the high prices on ebay...  Maybe one day I will find some...
 


                      🌺🍴  Peanut butter Cookies.... 🍴🌺
🌺  1 1/2 cups AP Flour - 1/2 teaspoon baking soda - 1/2 teaspoon salt - 1/2 cup softened butter - 1/2 cup packed brown sugar - 1 cup sugar divided - 1 egg, beaten - 1 teaspoon Vanilla  πŸŒΊ
🌺 directions:
     In a sm bowl, mix together, flour, baking soda and salt and set aside.  In a seperate large bowl, ( I used my stand mixer) combine butter and peanut butter and brown sugar and 1/2 cup of regular sugar.  Beat with an electric beater/mixer on medium speed until blended.  Stir in egg and vanilla.  Add flour mixture.  Stir until a stiff dough forms.  Roll doughinto balls by tablespoons full.  ( I made mine smaller ) Roll the balls in the remaining sugar.  Place on a linned parchment paper baking sheet 2 inches apart.  With a fork dipped in sugar flatten each cookie in a criss cross pattern.  Bake at 375' degrees for about 10-12 minutes.  ( did mine for 14 mins. ). Until golden brown.  Makes 2-3 dozen.  Depending on how big you make them.  
     πŸŒΊπŸ‚πŸŒΊ  Hope you enjoy them as much as we did.  My grandson Isaiah loved them...  πŸŒΊπŸ‚πŸŒΊ
            Have a wonderfully blessed evening Friday day..  And a wonderful Weekend 
 πŸŒΊπŸ‚πŸŒΊπŸ‚πŸŒΊπŸ‚πŸŒΊπŸ‚πŸŒΊπŸ‚ With love Janice.. πŸ‚πŸŒΊπŸ‚πŸŒΊπŸ‚πŸŒΊπŸ‚πŸŒΊπŸ‚πŸŒΊ







13 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about Rose, so young, tragic. The cookies look delicious I will certainly be trying the recipe, thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how terribly sad, Rose was much too young to pass away. I hope you are okay, lovely Janice. Those cookies look rather yummy and your tea cup is very sweet. Take care. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I am so sorry about Rose. 20-years-old is so young! I am truly sorry for her passing.

    Your cookies look amazing, my friend. Peanut butter are a favorite of mine. Have a blessed weekend. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Janice:
    Your cookies look wonderful - I hope you will please come post them. So sorry for the loss of this young woman.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was very sad about Rose, Janice. May she soar with the angels.
    The peanut butter cookies sound great. Would like one right now. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! These cookies look so enticing ♥

    summerdaisycottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Janice, I'm not a bit peanut butter fan, but those cookies look just delicious! especially with a nice hot cup of tea! :0) mari

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry about Rose. Her age and the manner in which she died makes it terrible. Those cookies look so yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your cookies look so yummy! Your teatime is very pretty. I'm so sorry for the loss of this young woman
    HUgs ALessandra

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very sorry to hear about Rose.

    I've always enjoyed peanut butter cookies and will have to try rolling them in sugar next time!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my Janice, I am so sorry to hear about the young woman. So sad and tragic.

    The peanut butter cookies look sinful.


    Have a great week.


    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a sad story about Rose. I've sorry. Those are really good looking peanut butter cookies. I've never been a good cookie maker, but would love to try these. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sad for the young life lost. Right now seems to be a time of loss. Hoping things will look up soon. Will be trying your cookie recipe, they do look good.

    ReplyDelete