Saturday, April 30, 2016

Plum Tart/cake

WGood morning dearests,
       I hope you are all well..  It is seeming to be a wonderful start to the morning here in San Francisco..  The sun is shinning and no real wind, just a slight breeze here and there..YAY! <((*_*))>

                                   PLUM TART / CAKE 
        So so yummy in my OPINION..  You will have to give it a try..  I found it on Pinterest surfing It was printed in the New York Times for many years repeatedly from what I understand back in the 80's..
        Many of the readers made many variations of it.  So I used one of the suggestions for mine and 
I truly enjoyed it.  And apparently I wasn't the only one cause is disappeared quickly... <((*_*))>
        Here is mine just before going in the oven..  I also dotted it a bit w/ butter
                         So Here Is The Recipe for You...  So simple but tasty perfect for teatime...

                                    PLUM TART / CAKE
 Ingredients:
3/4 cups of sugar.  (I used brown sugar)
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened, plus extra for a bit of dotting on topping
1 cup of flour unbleached sifted  ( I used this mixture, 1/3 cup corn meal and 2/3 cup flour)
1 teaspoon baking powder
Pinch of salt
2 Eggs
24 halves Purple Plums. ( it's not necessary I used Three Large Purple Plums halfed, quartered, then halved each of those.)
I believe you can pretty much use whatever fruit you have.  
Additional:
Sugar, lemon juice, cinnamon, and I also used broken Walnuts
I mixed brown sugar and walnuts to sprinle on top.

1. Heat oven to 350. Degree's
2. In a bowl cream the butter and sugar together till well mixed and fluffy.  Add the sifted flour baking powder pinch of salt and slightly beaten eggs.  Mix well.
3. Spoon the batter into a spring form 8,9,10 inches ( as you can see I used my Temptation pie dish )
place the plums down over the batter however you wish.  Sprinkle them lightly with lemon juice then 
sugar.  I used the br. Sugar and walnuts mixed together after sprinkling with lemon juice and then a ever so lightly dust of cinnamon, that is optional to you.  Dotted with butter.
4. Bake for one hour.  Myself I should have took it out at 50 minutes.  So check around 50 minutes because you know each oven is different.  
You can serve sightly warm if desired.  Or cooled with whip cream.  Refrigerate or freeze.  To serve tart that was frozen defrost and heat @ 300 briefly.  
I hope you try this for teatime...  I enjoyed it...  With my Vanilla Chamomile tea...

      Fresh whipping cream,  heavy whipping cream with a bit of powdered sugar... Beat till stiff..





                            Yummmy so delishious...  A nice end to the day...
                      

HAVE A MOST WONDERFUL LOVELY DAY WHERE EVER YOUR AT...   MAKE YOUR OWN SUNSHINE TODAY...    
                              With love Janice <((*_*))>
   
                       
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*


7 comments:

  1. Your Plum Tart looks like "extreme deliciousness" Janice!
    Thank you for your recipe - I'll let you know when I make it - can't resist even though I'm supposed to be on a diet shhhhh!
    Hugs
    Shane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that looks wonderful, such a great sweet treat. I am going to have to make it it to see if it tastes as good as it looks. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my GOODNESS, Janice. That looks heavenly. Mmm mmm mmm Would like some right now. Thanks for sharing. Hope you are having a great weekend. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this plum cake looks amazing Janice. What a delightful sweet treat. Thank you for sharing this yummy recipe.

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmm..it looks so yummy! Thanks a lot for the recipe. The shoes are very feminine and romantic...i love them!
    Hugs
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm in to try this recipe! Looks wonderfully wicked, but appears healthier than most. thanks!

    ReplyDelete