Thursday, October 15, 2015

So it's Thursday...

    
     Good morning...    Yesterday I seemed to have a not so wonderful day...    Things just don't seem to be going how I need them to well they have never...    So I guess I got a bit depressed but I gave it to God and this morning I woke up feeling much better...    Even though things aren't solved I cant see more clearer...    I been working on cleaning the dinning room, just a bit more and I can set the table for Autumn and I'm done... Still doing the living room, which I will work on some more today...    I don't want to over do it today because tonight  is church for me...
     
      I woke up early took a shower and went into the garden to check on things as I do most mornings...    The garden is winding down now...    Just things like Rosemary, Thyme, Oregano...    The Swiss Chard...    My Eggplants...   A few flowers are left...   All the Fushcias are in bloom...    I recently found a new one in the bargain center at the nursery, the colors are White with Purple.. It did 
a couple of blooms... And I'm sure next year it will be good...
    
      The Figs come from the other neighbors tree opposite of the Apple tree some of the branches hang over my fence not as much as last year because they cut it back...    I got a few though....    I remember when I was a very little girl my  Great Aunt Vera had a Fig tree in her garden and her kids would always throw them about...    
    
           Now what to do with them, i'm not to sure I will have to look around on line...   
     
            I love these aluminum trays...    I have a round one as well...    This one I purchased last year....
They also remind me of my Great Aunt Vera...she used to have this one large candy dish I always admired it and it stuck in my mind my whole life...    Inside was a glass bowl...  It had a sweet lid and like a rose for the part to pick up...   And she, well my great Uncle Frank had this darn little stuffed crocodile...     And he would always scare me with that silly ole thing when I would come to visit...    Sad story my Great Uncle Frank died not to long after he had bone cancer if I remember correctly...    And life changed a whole lot for everyone of course my Great Aunt Vera my three cousins and myself and our family...    I only remember the entrance to the little Cottage on Palou Street...   And pretty much the back garden and the Fig tree...   In fact it's still there today I don't live far from it...   They move after he had passed on to another home bigger and I don't quite remember how long after my Great Aunt Vera suffered a stroke and more after she lived in a convalesced home  after for years...    My one cousin came to live with us but the boys got shipped off to homes...    Mama could't care for them all....so sad...     I remember My Great Aunt Vera well...    She was loving and caring... Maythey both   R.I.P.  ...    The Figs made my memory open up to them both...    Such a long long time ago...    We used to have such strong family ties way back when...    Always we were together with family members...    Great Aunt Vera was mama's Aunt her mom's sister the Russian side of the family though I think only the brothers were born in Russia...    They all spoke Russian very well...    I never got to learn which in my opinion was sad...    I always wanted to but because Mama changed religions with my Dad I wasn't Allowed to go to the Molokan church...    You see we lived in a pretty much Russian neighbor hood and the church was just up the street and most of the children around would go after school up to the church up the street it was and down a few doors, Alison, Miska, and many others... I was very much sadden cause I wasn't allowed...    You know the funny thing is, years later neither Mama or my dad stuck to the religion...    Well dad stayed for some twenty-five years but Mama left soon after...    I wish I could speak Russian part of who I'am my family my culture...    
    
          I made a Pink pot of tea this morning...    I felt very much Pink and besides I just love this teapot...    First time making tea in it...    ( by Hall...)    Part of a series of six vintage Victorian tea pots...    This one is the Plume, 1940 they came out...
    
           Ready for tea and breakfast...    Always pretty much I eat Oatmeal...    But I buy frozen fruit and I put it into the water because I make old fashioned Oats,  let it come to a boil for a minute or two then I add my Oats...
    
           Pink and Pink and more pink...    My photos aren't to great today...they just weren't working for me...
         

    

    

    

    

    
           Well I guess it's time to wrap up and get busy, it was nice sharing my Memories with you...
I hope you have a wonderful Thursday filled with love and happiness...
            With love
                     Janice

 
 
  
 
   

6 comments:

  1. How nice to share some wonderful memories of earlier years. Love the teapot, such a beautiful shade of pink. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ciao Janice!Che belle cose ci hai mostrato!Amo leggere i tuoi post!Buon fine settimana!Rosetta

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful it is to run to our Heavenly Father at whatever time and whatever the need... He is our strength indeed. Keep up the light shining my friend

    Cielo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely memories! I adore your pink china. The teapot is so pretty
    Hugs
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Janice....Thought the photos were lovely. Thanks for sharing some of your history. I had no idea you had some Russian in you! Love your posts. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your teacup, teapot, linens, and your pretty aluminum tray, Janice!

    ReplyDelete