Saturday, October 24, 2015

Saturday morning...

    This morning, I feel my panic slightly in my body it's been that way for a week now...    it's been fairly  good...and I credit that to God...    Which I'm ever so grateful to...    We are supoose to try to do some more cleaning at mama's house in the basement it has been such a slow process do to so many things...    There is still tons of things but at least now you can look at it and say ok I can see this and that...    In the beginning,  it well as soon as you open the door you just wanted to cry, well at least I did as well as my daughter did...    I'm trying to elimate as much as I can for free, because the house needs so much work and the money will be small...    It will be a long process...    Mama left me a big mess...    Yesterday I had a huge missing my mom day and this morning don't feel much difference...    The good news is I have finally started cleaning my living room, because I have so many things I'm doing sections, and I'm trying to re organize everything...    Wish I had a little sewing room!   I don't really have a place for linen nor any of my threads, yarn sewing items...    The hall closet is used for my linens and half of Vee's clothes because her room only has a small closet with shelves...    I sometimes wonder what were they thinking when they built this place...    Mama always said she believed that it wasn't always a double dwelling and maybe she was right...  
                   
     The t.v. Area is done now I removed everything moved the t.v. Cleaned the windows the floor the 
Back of the t.v. ...    Changed the area next to it...
                    
     I'm very old fashioned my t.v. Is old, but is still working, I think I'm surely going to cry when it 
Breaks down...    I dis-like flat screen televisions period they do nothing fo me...    It's funny I had always had this vision of having a old cabinet t.v. With photos all over it...    I don't know why or where it came from...    When Dad got this off a job he had done, he said the woman said it worked good...    But at that time I was in process of moving to their house and putting things in storage and I took it anyhow and there it sat for a good 13 years inmy storage among most of my things...    When I finally got on my feet again got my own place I thought I doubt it works...    But do to my surprise it still worked I was the happiest girl on the block because it just seemed to fit me and my decor...    That was some seven years ago...    Hopefully she will last me a few more years...    
        

                  
         Lots of photos of my grandchildren...    My Hall pink fancy with gold teapot which I shared recently...    
      A little Rose chintz one cup which I really love me and Roses extraordinary,  haha, that's in the movie Miss Potter, but he says you and rabbits extraordinary...    I love Miss Potter! ...    And I love Roses...    
      This tiny tea set a online friend sent me several years back...    I think I showed it before...

      My little tiny kitties, also found on the truck...    In a little box, I've had them for O gosh just oddles of years...    Looking through thoses trucks when they came in from a job was such excitment...    You never just knew what you would find...    It was always a grand treasure hunt, miss those days...
       All my Violets are doing well...    The ones here on top of the t.v. And the ones in the kitchen, so glad I bought them and for one dollar each...   It's sometimes better to take a chance then not...
                      
      Lots of new leaves are comming it had a bloom but also new ones are appearing...
                      
      This is a part of my large doily that I had made before the Yellow, White and Green one...    I 
Really like the pattern...    
                      

                      
       I adore these curtains...    What could be pettier Yellow and Pink Roses on a off White background...    I paid like O three something a panel and they are linned and made well...    
                         
       Rose picture frame, with my grandaughter Yuliana she is now three years old...
                       
      Stack of Rose boxes with videos and crochet thread to make it prettier looking and neater...
      The two closes to the bottom were mama's they were bran new she never used them...    Mama bought many things and never used them, they just sat there...   
      The little kitty  my first ever boyfriend came back years later to see me and took me to Ghiradelli square here in San Francisco and bought her for me, that was like thirty years ago... She plays music...    Her elastic on the legs and arms of her outfit need to be replaced...    But I love her just the same...   
                    
      A pretty teacup and saucer...    Don't you just love teacups and their saucers...    Pretty teapots and such...    
      Lace and linens and pretty doilies, I do , I love them all...    They say to surround yourself with the things that you love most...
      This is a little crocheted coaster that I made, but I think they do well for other things like sitting a candle on or a nic nac...
    So many things that I love, I'm so vintage at heart I could never be such a modern girl, no never would it be me...    I'm surely a Victorian Woman to the last drop...


                Happy Weekend my dear friends, I hope it's enchanting...
                                 With love...
                                           Janice...


6 comments:

  1. Oh dear Janice, I adore all of your rose things. You have a great eye for putting things together in such a pleasing way. It is always a treat to visit your blog. Old tv, heh? I enjoyed reading about that! Thanks for sharing all your lovelies. I hope you have a great weekend too.
    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roses everywhere...i love your home!!! I always like very much to see the sweet corners of your cozy home.
    HUgs
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my Janice, you are in rose heaven. Such pretty details. I too love to have family photos through the house. Looking at them everyday brings a smile to my face.

    You certainly have a collection of gorgeous tea sets. I love each one and your window drapes are beautiful and delicate. I can see why you like them so much.

    Have a great week ahead.

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely roses and lovely teasets. I'm hoping you are feeling a lot better today - I shall pray for you.

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, Janice. I, too, am a Victorian woman. You have so many enchanting things. Those rose-covered curtains? Swoon-worthy. Ahhhhh. Your blog is always breath of fresh, rose-scented air. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Janice, thanks for sharing your Victorian home with beautiful decorations. I love all the pink roses, your blog is very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete