Friday, September 14, 2012

Tea Pot cookie recipe for you...


Helo my dear friends, here I'am again...popping in to share this lovely recipe with you....

SUGAR COOKIES ...

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups butter, softened
2cups white sugar, I used a little bit less like 1 & 1/2 cups
4 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
5 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt



DIRECTIONS:

In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Stir in the flour, baking powder, and salt. Cover, and chill dough for at least on hour or (overnight). Preheat over to 4oo degrees F. Roll out dough on to a floured surface 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick. Cut into shapes with any cookie cutter Of course I used my tea pot cookie cutters..

Place cookies one inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 6 to 8 minutes in a preheated oven, I had to cook them more my new oven isn't so hot...they will be light on top and slightly brown on the bottom.
COOL COMPLETELY, BEFORE FROSTING....
It's a very simple recipe but it taste pretty good.
I made my own frosting with Powder sugar and milk with vanilla..I didn't measure anything I just did whatever..I added one drop of blue food coloring to the frosting to give it a pretty lite blue color.
I painted them with a kitchen paint brush for me this worked well. . I did find that doing one at a time works best frosting then decorating all at one. because when I did it the other way when I went to put the pearls on I made indents on the icing...They stayed nice for three days then then kind of looked a little dried..so I will have to work on a better frosting for them...I used little tiny pearls for the decoration..
All finished ....
I hope that you like them as much as we did...
I changed my bedding to Autumn colors and I just love it...I haven't finished it all though...I put this on the wall, I got it at the Goodwill for 99 cents, it was bran new with a tag of 13.50 on it..the picture doesn't really do it justice...
This is a old T.V. tray I got a long time ago...I don't have the legs though..I been trying to find some but haven't had any luck doing so...But just the same I love it's pretty orange flowers...sometimes I put it on top of some smaller ones I have...
Well, I think that's it for today, If you make the Teapot cookies let me know how they turn out would love to know..Well it's Friday and I'm thinking to take off Me Vee and Jesse to my older daughter's house to hang out...I think we out need to get out of the house...sweetpea tooo....Have a wonderfully blessed weekend my dear sweet Ladies...thank you so much for your lovely comment for my previous post. I enjoyed them...Enjoy.....Hugs....with love Janice

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for the teapot cookie directions- I have the cookie cuttet so all I need now is the time to make them. They are so pretty-you are right they would have looked good on my tea tray.
    Your bedroom looks warm a nd cosy in it's fall colors.

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cookies are so lovely! Delicate and perfect. I have a fall leaf cookie cutter, you have given me a boost to get it out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the recipe Janice. Love your new bedding and all your lovely pictures. Enjoy your weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wrote down this recipe to try Janice. Thank you.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your new autumn changes in house i cant waith for christmas to see the decorations you will make...your doing fine..blessings

    ReplyDelete
  6. What cute cookies! Thanks for sharing the recipe.

    ReplyDelete