Friday, February 24, 2012

Early morning visitor and working in the garden....


I went down to Lowe's and found some wonderful things..these adorable, affordable little white fencing...I really liked it so I bought several with some white Primroses and white Pansy's. And a white yellow Goober plant I also bought this metal flower stem supporter, so sweet a wrought iron with leaves and birds going up and down then I bought a plain one like a fan type...


I bought some edible sweet peas...

I also bought this too, I forgot the name but there's a wooden hanging basket downstairs at Mom's I thought it would be perfect inside there hanging on the back fence at my house. I liked the fencing so much I went back to buy more. but I still need at least four more packs it has five pieces in each pack...so I decided to put some around the garden part too...


The last of the Sweetpea's they were still growing on top, but the bottom was turning brown, usually they would have all died but are weather is so strange they didn't die. so I cut them back to the bottom and will see what happens.

I moved the little bird house, It was hanging in the tree and now I put it on the fence and added some stuff that I put in my wire baskets cause they the birds keep stealing it...so will see if they steal it from the house...


O look it, my asparagus are coming up already the second year and now they finally look like something. Last year was just ferns coming out...I was so excited the other day when I saw them the other ones are coming up to..I have two plants...yeaaaa...
I found this plant book at the second hand store two years ago hoping that I would have a garden again it's a wonderful little book it ties with two ribbons to close it and it has such beautiful illustrations in it. It also has pockets to hols seeds and many things...






My leaf I saved from last year....
Such a lovely book, I wish I had that new camera already.....

My early morning visitor.....nice to have a surprise....
Wishing you all a most lovely weekend...God Bless with love Janice

1 comment:

  1. I have some fencing like that & it reminds me of lace.
    I just love the graphics in old gardening books.... They are so beautiful!
    Take Care ....
    Have a Wonderful Day!!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete