Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Busy Day



 Mornin Ya'll, I have  busy busy day ahead of me this morning....I have to run to the bank go to one store pick up some masa then run to another place pick up two different cheese because them come in big blocks for 4.99 and it's much cheaper. Then to Safeway to order the cake. Then what? LOL there is something else...hummmm. Don't remember O Mom needs to go to the bank...then home to do my business there. . The good part is I'm staying home till the BABy ShoWER...which is Sunday...yeah...But I'm going to miss you cause at home I can't write..(I'm working on that Lap Top though) so soon I can write everyday to you and share my life with you...I remembered that Mom had this portable sewing machine and It's bran new, so I took it home. I came up with this Idea to make some top covers for my kitchen chairs. because they leave marks on the walls and it drives me crazy..I seen these before..but I think I'm going to make mine with some vintage table cloths..will see though.
O my word I remembered to bring the cookie recipe I love this recipe It's from Martha so maybe you saw it before..well I made it and I think it's great for Tea Cookies...My thirty year old son ate six of the last cookies..it was funny He was Mom these are good and he kept coming back to the kitchen I had a plastic container on top of the Frig...he finished them off...LoL saying these are good...humm thats funny I can't find my pictures I had for you...somethings going on they was there yesterday...crazy..Well here is the recipe anyways..
VANILLA COOKIES:
INGREDIENTS AS FOLLOWS:
3 CUPS OF FLOUR
3/4 TEASPOONS BAKING POWDER
1/2 TEASPOON SALT
2 STICKS OF UNSALTED BUTTER
1 CUP OF SUGAR
1 LARGE EGG
2 TEASPOONS OF VANILLA
WHISK TOGETHER FLOUR, BAKING POWDER AND SALT IN A LARGE BOWL. IN A LARGE BOWL OR YOUR KITCHEN AID MIXER BEAT BUTTER AND SUGAR ON MEDIUM HIGH SPEED UNTIL PALE AND FLUFFY. BEAT IN EGG AND VANILLA. THEN START ADDING FLOUR. I DID THREE PARTS SO IT WOULD BLOW AROUND EVERY WHERE. THEN I ADDED SOME BROKE PIECES OF PECANS MAYBE HALF CUP OR 3/4 FULL..WHAT EVER AMOUNT YOU WANT MIX WELL.  DIVIDE DOUGH IN HALF ROLL EACH HALF INTO A LOG AND COVER WITH PLASTIC WRAP AND PUT INTO THE REFRIGERATOR FOR AT LEAST TWO HOURS. . . LATER REMOVE AND SLICE THEM ABOUT SLIGHTLY LESS THAN 1/8 INCH PLACE ON COOKIE SHEET AND BAKE AT 350.  FOR 12-14 MINUTES
OTHER OPTIONS: YOU CAN ADD. . . 1/2 CUP CHOPPED SEMI SWEET CHOCOLATE CHIPS OR CHOPPED CHOCOLATE....OR TOASTED WALNUTS AND DRIED CRANBERRIES...OR MY THOUGHT BECAUSE I CAN'T HAVE CHOCOLATE ...BUTTERSCOTCH MORSELS..AND WALNUTS...ENJOY..


I'm mad because I can't find my cookie pictures...going to check again one more time...

No comments:

Post a Comment