Monday, March 10, 2014

Wishing I was home.........


* ~ ` Just wanted to share these photos with you this morning... Mom is resting peacefully and I have a little time to myself.. I really am missing home.. Seems I can't stay away to long..


I start missing my things my Garden... and now is a perfect day the sun is out and shinning.. but I have to stay here and care for Mom.. I'm hoping tomorrow I can go home for the night...


I love the pattern of this Tea cup.......... the tiny little roses and flowers... I have four square plates but Vee broke one........  I have looked on line and couldn't find anything near it........... so sad..


I can't figure out how they crochet things and sewed them to linens.............. Like the pieces in my photos.. especially because the pieces are not straight across.. I so would love to know..


I can firgure out the pattern on the crochet part.. I was thinking I could make them square just for a doily...


Found two of these spoon's in my things.. they are very simple but they are silver........


Sometimes simple things are so elegant...and just the very thing to make you feel good..







                            Happy New Week
                                     With Love Janice..............

5 comments:

  1. Cara Janice,un grande abbraccio!So quando si è fuori come si desidera la propria casa!Guarda le cose che ti piacciono così ti senti meglio!Baci,Rosetta

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right! The little things make a world of difference! That cup and saucer are beautiful! I do hope you can go home soon to take some time in the garden. You take care of yourself...Nicole xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you! I love your sweet pictures. The spoon, the tea cup...so lovely!
    KIsses
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Janice, I hope that your Mom continues to rest well and you can get back home for a night or two. I know there is nothing quite as wonderful as sleeping in your own bed.

    You asked if anyone knew how to make crochet doilies that are are sewn onto linen?

    When we look at these doilies really closely, usually we find there are little holes which are placed evenly across the hem of the linen.

    I believe that I read somewhere, probably in Piecework magazine, that the linen was machine made with these holes especially for crocheters. Before the machines. they would either punch the holes with a special tool or pull out the threads, kind of like hardanger embroidery.

    An easier way you might to do this is to hand stitch a hem with very little stitches using fine white or clear thread and then press it flat with the iron.

    Then with crochet thread, make an embroidered blanket stitch around the edges with very even and tiny stitches.

    Then you can go back and use these stitches as the anchor for your crochet work. It certainly is a lot of work, but the results are beautiful and heirloom quality.

    I hope this helps. Piecework magazine is an extremely useful resource when it comes intricate handy work. Another great magazine is Crochet Traditions. Both mags are great for explaining how to do many long forgotten techniques. I also wouldn't be surprised if sites such as Lacis, might even have the linen already punched and ready to go. Have a restful evening! With Love, Delisa :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much Delisa, I will have to check it out..

    ReplyDelete