Monday, May 28, 2012

In Memory of My Uncle....Owen Albert Strider Jr.

In Memorial of My Uncle, Owen Albert Strider Jr.
It's amazing when you can go back and find something from the past. I had always heard about my great uncle. I only had remember seeing on picture of him and hearing some short stories about him. One being that he had a very strong temperament. My Father used to talk about his older brother being something else and I remember at a young age knowing that he wasn't with us any longer. He is buried at the Golden Gate Cemetery in San Francisco California. Today I came to visit my Mom and my niece Julie was here and she shared some information with me about my Uncle...THANK YOU SO MUCH...
This is a picture of him.
Owen Albert Strider Jr. (1923-1942)
The USS Boise,
I was indeed very excited to see this of course, my father has been gone for about ten years so we no longer hear any stories of the past... Sad but true...
This is the ship that he was on...
In this magazine My Uncle's Death was listed...Life magazine... this is all new information that I never new and I'm not sure if my Father new either... He was a young 19 years of age when he left this earth...(crazy) I knew he was young but didn't realize he was that young..I know my Father was Born in March 20, 1935 so my Father was 12 years old when his brother die in the War...Wow..I believe it was World War ll, Navy...may he R.I.P. and my Father too...Gary Bruce Strider Sr. here's to your older brother Father...Memories are short sometimes...Some are long..My memory of my Uncle has only been of stories that my Father told me and I'm glad I have those memories...
HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY TO EVERYONE...MAY YOU BE BLESSED WITH THE PRESENCE OF GOD...
WITH LOVE JANICE.....

2 comments:

  1. wow you always surprise us! love your background and pictures...really great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful post. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete