Friday, June 24, 2016

Today's Chatter Peach and Berry Galette...

        My it just went into afternoon time,  i thought for sure I would get this posted earlier but didn't happen so here I'am ...  Ready to share this lovely recipe.. .   My tea tray this morning..  I love Jadeite do you???   And I love this Hall teapot it matches well...

        Last night I made this Peach galette, I had been wanting to for some time now...  Someone gave me some fresh peaches and there were a few berries on the vines yesterday...  
        I really liked the results of this recipe...  It was not difficult to make at all...  So yesterday afternoon I made the dough and had to wait a hour for the dough to chill...
        Today I added strawberry mint to my teacup, it smells just like strawberries, and I actually liked it in my tea...  


                       And now for the Galette .. .   .
                                      
                           INSTRUCTIONS CRUST:
   CRUST:                                       
1 1/4 cups Flour
1 1/2 teaspoons Sugar                   
1/2 teaspoon Salt                           
1/2 cup of Unsalted Butter (cold)    
Cut into pieces, kept ver cold
1/4 cup Ice Water                           
( I got a coffee cup of cold water and added      
Ice cubes stir it then when time measured it       
out                                                                                                                                         
🍑🍑🍑🍑🍑🍑🍑🍑🍑🍑🍑🍑🍑🍑🍑         
FILLING:                                                              
4lbs.  Peaches, pitted and sliced ( about 4 medium)     
3 Tablespoon's Sugar                                          
1 Tablespoon Flour
1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla extract
1 teaspoon Butter
1 Egg beaten                  
                                     INSTRUCTIONS CRUST:

In a wide shallow bowl mix flour, sugar and salt together.  With a pastry blender cut the very cold pieces of butter into the dry ingredients until the pieces of butter are like the size of small peas.  Place bowl in freezer or frig for ten minutes.  Return bowl to work surface and drizzle the cold water over the flour mixture.  Using a flexable spatula gently stir the water into the flour-butter mixtureuntil the water is absorbed.  Do not be alarmed if there is still a lot of dry flour-butter mixture remaining.  If the bowl is shallow enough, keep the mixture in the bowl and work the flour-butter water mixture by hand into a ball.  If the bowl is to deep, turn the dough out onto a clean surface and knead it there.  DO NOT FLOUR THE SURFACE.  once you have kneaded the dough wrap it tightly with plastic wrap and place the frig for at least one hour...

                                            FILLING: and remainder directions

Preheat oven to 425*.  In a medium bowl mix the flour and sugar together then sprinlke over the peaches.  Gently mix.  Drizzle the Vanilla extract over and mix gently.  Lightly flour a clean surface unwrap dough and roll out to a 12 inch round.  Transfer to a baking sheet linned with parchment paper I just used foil.  Spread the peach filling over the dough leaving a two inch wide ring around the edge.  cut the butter into small pieces and place around the top of the peach filling.  Gently fold out edge of the dough up over the outer edge of the peach filling, creating pleats as you go ( i pinched them together) by allowing the edge of the dough to fold over itself.  Brush with the beaten egg over the folden crust.  Bake the galette for 30-40 minutes ( mine finished in the 30 min.). Until the crustbis golden brown.  Take care to turn the galette 180* halfway through to insure even baking.  ( I did not do this part)  Remove and cool at least 15 minutes.  Serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream..

             I sprinkled mine with powdered sugar... .. . 

        Last nights serving with a touch of cookie and cream ice cream... ..  Hehehe was sooo good...

       Have a most beautiful day and a lovely weekend....     With love ... ..  .  Janice
Ps.  Linking up with HOME SWEET HOME #277 @ http://thecharmofhome.blogspot.com/
The Charm Of Home....  🌹




7 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Janice... That dessert looks quite delicious :o). Thank you for sharing the recipe .... And the tea set is just beautiful :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a delight to see that amazing desert. The tray setting looked beautiful. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks delicious but I also love that greenish teaset. I made a note of the recipe, I have to bake and taste this myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Janice:
    Your galette looks amazing. I think you get an A+ for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Janice,
    Everything looks so yummy!! LOVE your tea set!! Thanks so much for stopping by!!

    My former blog, Debbie-Dabble was hacked through my Face Book Debbie-Dabble Page. I created a new blog, Debbie-Dabble Blog and I invite you to please follow me on my new blog.

    www.debbie-dabbleblog.blogspot.com

    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my, that crust looks so good I'm going to try it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks so pretty. Your tea set is wonderful. Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home.

    ReplyDelete