PEAR BREAD with ORANGE GLAZE
1 can of Bartlet Pear's (16 oz. )
1/4 cup vegetable Oil
2 1/2 cups of flour.
1 large egg beaten
1/2 cup sugar.
2 tablespoons grated orange zest
3 teaspoons baking powder.
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon alspice
1 cup sifted powdered sugar
2 tablespoons orange juice
1. Open and drain pears saving the sryup, and reserve on pear half for topping.
2. Process remaining pears in a blender untill smooth and transfer to a one cup measuring cup. Add amuch of the reserve pear syrup as needed to make the one cup. ( because I used fresh pears I used water with a touch of sugar to make the one full cup ).
3. Mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and the allspice in a large bowl.
4. Mix pear puree, oil, egg and orange zest in medium bowl.
5. Add pear puree to the flour mixture and combine well. Add in the walnuts mix well. Batter will be stiff.
6. Spoon batter into. Prepared greased loaf pan 8x4 inch.
7. Cut reserved pear into six slices and place on top arrange crosswise in a row.
8. Bake in preheated oven @ 3.50 degrees for 50-55 minutes. Or until a wooden toothpick comes clean. I had to do the 55 minutes. But check at the 50 minutes for each oven is different.
9. Remove from oven cool in pan. Tehn when still slightly warm remove from pan and place on a piece of wax paper on a wire rack.
ORANGE GLAZE DIRECTIONS:
1. In a small bowl mix sifted powder sugar with as much a the orange juice as needed to make a thin smooth glaze.
2. Drizzle over warm cake.
3. Cool completely on rack.4. Wrap bread in foil let stand over night before slicing.
I hope you all like this as much as I do
(Source Pinterest, Turnips two tangerines)
I also didnt get a phot after the glazing of the whole bread...
HAPPY THURSDAY WITH LOVE, JANICE