Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Good morning...here's your Lemon Blueberry Scone recipe

Lemon Blueberry Scones

2 Cups of Flour
1/4 cup Sugar
2 tsp. Baking Powder
1/4 tsp. Salt
6 Tabs of cold Butter (chilled)
1/2 cup Milk
1/4 cup Fresh Lemon Juice
1 Tab. Lemon Zest
1 cup of Frozen  or Fresh blueberries, I used Fresh
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
Line a baking sheet. 
In a large bowl whisk together Flour, Sugar Baking powder and salt.  Cut Butter into 6-8 chunks and 
add to flour mixture tossing to coat.  Using your finger tips, rub the butter into the Flour, until mixture is sandy like and Butter is well distributed with no pieces larger than a pea.
Add Milk, Lemon juice, and Lemon zest and stir until dough come together. If dough is to wet, add a additonal Tb. Flour to the dough.  Either keeping the dough in your mixing bowl or turning it out onto a lightly floured surface.  Add Blueberries, Gently Knead dough for about a minute flatten dough out and add Blueberries   
 GENTLY KNEAD DOUGH 30 - 60 seconds to distribute them. Divide dough into two balls and press each one into a disk about 3/4 inch thick.  Use a knife to divide each disk into quarter and place Scones on a prepared baking sheet. 
Bake for 17 - 22 minutes or until Scones are golden brown.

Lemon Glaze (optional)
1 Tbsp. Lemon juice
1/2 cups Confectioners Sugar
Whisk glaze ingredients together until smooth.  Then drizzle over your still warm Scones before serving.


 These are so divine in my opinion...I hope that you enjoy them as much as we did going to try some Cream Scones soon and Cranberry...state tune...Well I have been home working in my garden and doing some Spring cleaning almost done with the inside just have the other side of my Living Room. Then it's off to the storage out back...what a mess it is...Yesterday I finally got all my seeds planted.. I'm so content now, Hopefully everything will grow nice..though I do believe I need to add some vitamins. The dirt is strange. The things almost get dormit for a short while after they sprout.  Then they will grown.. My Swiss Chard that I started in Fall is only a inch tall..Go figure, I can't it's the wierdess thing. But it does look nice. And my large Garden Box is looking nice. I also put scalloped edges around it. In there I have two tomatoe plants one tomatillo plant, two different bell peppers one jalepeno plant. and yesterday platnted a gr. zucchini. Though I want and need one more which I would have had if the silly Blue bird hadn't pulled it out of it's container...

Here's what it looked like when I first started..I will have to take a new photo later. I have added more to it.
So here's what else I have been up to lately. Embroidering,  I sat down and got busy on my Tea towel..I got the tea pot all done,..I decided to make some eyes...but now that I'm looking at the photo they look a little bit off...but that will give it's charm...

 I probably shouldn't draw in the Living Room in the evening the light isn't to great.  But just the same I love it.
I think she is cute....I also got one tea cup done...
It's been such a long time really since I have really Embroidered. . I need to practice a little bit but all in all it's not to bad. I can't wait to finish so I can crochet a pretty edging on the towel...I have always wanted to do that. I have several tea towels that were my great aunts..and I would think all the time one day I will do this..and here I'am..Hopefully it will be finished soon.. this is my free hand one.. I do have some transfers that I will do for the next one.. I hope your week has been going well. Last night we celebrated the Lord's Memorial it's was so wonderful..I'm ever so grateful that I got enough strength to get there. I took Mom and myself. and no panic..I prayed for days before and God is so awesome he saw me through..God is so patient and loving..Well my sweet friends...I will be off to home later this afternoon going to take Mom to pick up a few things at Smart & Final store then im gone...So I'm wishing you all a great rest of the week.. I probably won't be back till next week..Take care with love Janice

No comments:

Post a Comment