Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Mornin.............

Well Im feeling much better today less coughing thank goodness. Today is my last day of antibiotic ... then Thursday I go to the Drs. to be checked again...hopefully it will be all good...

Here Is little miss Yuliana, she is growing so fast these days are passing like the blowing wind... she reminds me of my son when he was small....I see him in her...She is now six months, I can't believe that six months just blew by...Pretty soon she will be walking... and I think she will be very busy... lol...hahaha my son...you guys will be going crazy all of you she will be into everyone things... can't wait to hear about it...And ms yuli is spoiled from when she had her colic...everyone was picking her up....will see............. I found a recipe for Gingerbread cake...never made one before but it sounded good to me. So I think so as I get better I will give it a whirl...


Gingerbread Cake

1/2 c. butter
3 T. fresh grated ginger (I use my microplane zester)
1/4 t. salt
1 t. ground cinnamon
1/2 t. ground allspice
1/2 t. ground ginger
1/4 t. ground black pepper
1/2 c. dark brown sugar (I've used regular)
1 c. dark molasses
1 t. spicy brown mustard
2 eggs
2 t. baking soda
2 1/4 c. flour
1 c. hot strong-brewed coffee
powdered sugar

Grease a 9x9" pan.
Combine butter and fresh ginger in a saucepan. Cook on medium-low heat until aromatic 3-5 minutes. Stir in salt, cinnamon, allspice, ginger, pepper and simmer another 30 seconds. Remove from heat. Stir in sugar, molasses and mustard until smooth.

In a bowl add eggs and soda and beat, then add the spice/sugar mixture. Beat until it foams. Stir in flour and beat well. Lastly, mix in coffee until smooth. Batter will be thin. Pour into greased pan and bake at 375* for 40-45 minutes. Cool in pan 10 minutes and remove (if you want to). Dust with powdered sugar and/or with a dollop of whipped cream. I especially like it warm with a mug of hot, black coffee.
I hadn't realized it said to use coffee...hum have to figure what I can use in place of it... I can't have coffee cause of my panic disorder...hummm

Isn't this lovely.... Well we went to pick up the chairs even though I wasn't suppose to be out and about...I didn't do nothing though...just checked them out...I got 7 of them...can't wait to sand them and paint them and put them around my dinning table...they are nice chairs.........I was just thinking I wish I had the house that I lived in before.... in Vallejo ca...it was nice and big...it would have been great if I could have posted it here in San Francisco..would that be something if we could just up and lift our houses to what ever place we wanted to...lol...I know I'm dreaming rite...well a girl needs to dream sometimes...

HAPPY TUESDAY MY FRIENDS.....GOD BLESS.....WITH LOVE JANICE....ENJOY YOUR DAY......

No comments:

Post a Comment