Friday, November 25, 2011

I had a wonderful Thanksgiving did you????

I had a wonderful Thanksgiving, My oldest daughter and grandchildren came on Wednesday and we started preparing the things for Thursday. I woke up around 7a.m. and started in to finish the rest got everything around 12 noon I only had a 14 1/2 pound turkey and I think that worked out good I didn't need anything bigger. We didn't eat till around 4:30 % waited for my sister to come from across the bay..So it was my daughter four grandchildren and my youngest daughter four or five of her friends and sister and later my oldest son and wife and three grandchildren and grandma came by. So I think it turned out wonderful. But boy I'm pooped out for sure. Between cleaning up preparing all the food and stuff then cleaning up again and tons of dishes and pots and pans...
Well I did my Turkey like my grandmother Mary did...It came out wonderful...


I just did a simple table setting, I started to make a fuss but it worked out just fine.

I used my granny dishes...I love them and they all looked wonderful ... I only have my phone camera so the pictures aren't that great...

Here's the table setting for Vee's friends and her...



Everything simple...

My Turkey all done...it smelled so good basting it with the broth and red wined it nice then it makes a nice liquid on the bottom of the pan which make a nice rich gravy...


My fresh sweet Potatoes I made them like I was making reg mash potatoes...I boiled the Sweet Potatoes the same mashed them barely just braking them down a bit, then I added some evaporated milk and a little brown sugar..small amount. Then I spread them around the baking dish and sprinkled them again litely with brown sugar then topped them with marshmallows..they came out divine yum yum...



Vee made this, it turned out great...there is a Movie called Soul Food and with it came a little recipe book from all the actors and actresses so it was Macaroni made with Campbell's Mushroom Soup and Cheddar Cheese on the top and baked in the oven ... So I had the Turkey and stuffing and Reg. Mash Potatoes, Green Salad. Gravy. home made Cranberry sauce. Sweet Potato souffle. O I made a ham as well. My Sweet Potato Biscuits. Vee's Mac n Cheese and fresh bacon and Green Beans. and Stuffed Eggs and a home made Pumpkin Pie..I worked my buns off...o and the Sweet Potato Biscuits tasted so good with a slice of Ham and a touch of Mayo and Mustard...



It was worth it all, to spend the time with my family and listening to my grandchildren say ummm Grandma this taste good. And when I talked about thanking God for all we had and for us being together, my grand daughter Liliana was yes Grandma... There's nothing like your children even though we have had hard times and moments...Those good moments are special being together as a family and I'm especially glad to have had my sister there with me... We haven't done this forever in a day... Thank you sister for coming and thank you my children...God bless wishing you all a great Weekend..with much love Janice


I used that big giant bowl...very nice.......


4 comments:

  1. So glad your Thanksgiving was good... so was ours. I just love the new look to your blog. It is beautiful!! The blues are so winter & seasonal!!
    Have a Great Weekend!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so pleased to hear that you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. It sure looks like you had quite the feast..everything looks and sounds so yummy!
    Your granny's set of dishes are just lovely as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janice, So glad to read about all the wonderful food you made and the company you had. It sounds like a really great Thanksging for you. Love Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Ladies. we had a wonderful time...I hope yours was as wonderful...hugs

    ReplyDelete