Monday, July 25, 2016

Here we are again, it's Monday...

     Good mornin,  I actually think that here in San Francisco,  it is going to be a beautiful summer day..   Shhhhh, dont let the wind know...  I don't want him to hear because I don't want him to visit today...  He is such a bother, hehehe...  Shhhh...
     I stepped out into my messy garden which isn't doing so great..  I seem to have some poor soil still on one side everything that started out great in the little glass house it grew a tiny then just got stuck... I added booster dirt to it twice..  My tomatoes on the other side are huge but one is full of bugs everyday I smash a bunch, yuk I know...  And this morning a bunch of white flies...  Ugh !!! And they are on my purple ones...  
     There are several lady bugs on it, but their not fast enough..  Do you see the yellow piece of leaf, they are trying to suck the life out of them..  I'm so upset...
     This one right next to it is doing good, phew thank goodness...  
     The apples are growing great from the garden next store, there are tons on the garden floor... It makes me sad they people have fruit trees and just let them waste all over the floor..  I have picked up bunches on my side going to make a pie today or tomorrow...  
     This year they have grown quite big the first years I was here they were small.  Hopefully it is due to me watering them this past year...  I didn't set a tea tray today just got a new cup out that I haven't used yet with violets...  It is quite lovely...  It is Bone China by, Royal Vale, from England...

     I love Violets I have some in the garden, which have bloomed already...  This year I discovered that they have these seeds that they make...  Which I never knew...  I actually didn't even realized Violets grew here in San Francisco...  Your never to old to learn things, and not everyone knows everything nor are they exposed to everything...  
               

  

     Broken china teacups, placed them in the garden instead of throwing them out...


     I love when flowers appear out of cracks like this one..  Lobelia has tiny seeds and will blow in the wind all over...  Last year they blew dark purple everywhere in the garden..  .  Well Mr. Wind I guess you are good on some occasions...  Shhhh. But don't tell him so ok....
     Today, I won't be joining any parties.  Bernideen has stopped here Monday Party and Sandi is having company..  So no more Monday Parties...    So just me today...
                 Wishing you all a most lovely day...    With love Janice


13 comments:

  1. Dear Janice:
    I hope you will link this Friday at "Tea In The Garden". The apples look great. I planted 2 apple trees. There are peaches on the tree near my pond but they are all "bad". The squirrels will eat them! I enjoyed your post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to say that I love your cup and saucer! I have the same one so you know I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful teacup and saucer. And nice garden! I only have one apple on my dwarf appletree this year. My kids check on it everyday and cannot wait for the apple to ripen.
    I like your idea of placing brocken china in the flower garden; looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so look forward to your blog. The violet cup is extra pretty! You've added cheer to my day. Enjoy yours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hiya, for bugs on your plants brew some strong black tea, strain add water and kitchen dish soap. Spray your plants with that---should help and it is easily wash about....make sure you get the underside of the leaves.

    Calcium tablets (even tums) crushed up---in water may help the tomato plants also if you are getting spotting leaves or discolorations on your tomatoes.

    Huge variations in temps---may do it to--if one side gets too much sun ...and is dryer. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Janice, I wish your plants well. Maybe the tea remedy above will help. Your teacup and saucer are beautiful. Loving the color. Pretty flowers in the yard always make me happy. Love when those unexpected flowers show up. You are always welcome at our party. Have a fabulous week. Love, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Janice, that is a sweet Royal Vale, I adore their vintage cups. This one is a wonderful violet pattern! I have had a similar garden problem this year. It seems the dirt we put in all the planters was not good dirt at all. We have had all kinds of stunted growth, failure to thrive... Never had this before. The apples look great! Wishing your garden better days.
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful teacup! When I was growing up, we used to have violets growing wild in our yard. But other than African violets, I don't think I've seen a violet since childhood.

    I hear ya on the wind. It seems to be windy here about 300 days out of the year, and I am always complaining about it, mostly because it messes up my hair. One day, my son said, "But, Mom, without the wind, you couldn't fly a kite." My response, "Who cares. I don't fly kites."

    Have a lovely day,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love anything with violets on it!!! Your cup is lovely!
    Thanks for you kind comment on my blog :-)
    Try that recipe for my Strawberry Chiffon Pie... it's the easiest thing in the world to make and it turned out really good. My knitting group gobbled it up. I know how you love to be in the kitchen, so you'll like this one.
    Much love to you sweet friend,
    Danette

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi my friend! Love your new cup. I have not purchased any in months. I am trying not to. Your garden look great. My is struggling. Have a great week. Blessings, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful violets teacup! Thanks so much for stopping by "Let's Talk Vintage!"

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Janice....

    Sorry about the bugs on the tomatoes. I don't know why, but for some reason, I couldn't see photos on your blog today. Maybe it is my computer. Sometimes it gives me problems. Take care, Janice. And thanks for the visit! Susan

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful teacup! Tea out in the garden is always so special! Glad you had a good weather day! Your apples look so perfect! We have a few apple trees here and most of the apples end up for the deer! Have a wonderful weekend Janice!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete