Saturday, July 19, 2014

A Day Dream kind of day...............


So I woke up this morning after sleeping on my new little roll away bed.. Which I might add was pretty comfortable.. 
I wasn't sure it was going to be cause it kind of look a little flimsy
But I actually slept well
so as I was saying I awoke and have been thinking I love the idea to paint Mama's front house Pink & White..But then I see different colors 
and I second guess it..


I do have to say I adore this house I want to add some gingerbread pieces to Mama's house to make it more fancy and cute 


I love this not so much about the Island but the color of lite blue on the cabinet areas...
The thing about this is I'm a Rose Lady but I also love blue's, So I'm afraid my New house
will be partly Pink and Roses and Blue & White.. 
Like my Living Room will definetely will be Roses and Pinks and greens
My Hallway I really want to put this embossed wall on the bottom area as it was as I was 
growing up. And on the top area possible wall paper..and I have many pictures trimed in gold frames for the wall on the upper parts... and in Mama's storage I found a beautiful 
long runner in Rose and Beige that will be perfect for the Hallway...
But 
The Kitchen will definetely be in Blue's and White's
and I have a billion ideas well not really a billion but you know what I mean
lol
my head's been going completely in circles
One moment as I'm cleaning I'm thinking is this really going to be possible???
Then I day dream as I have done for years but my day dream was always for the downstairs
which can be a three bedroom apartment.. 
 But now life has changed it all 
and my day dream is of the whole house down to the Garden being beautiful the way it should have
always been....


This is my little kitchen where i live now, full of Blue's and White
But I have now a much bigger pallet which I can do anything with because it's mine
( I have such a hard time saying that )
( It's mine It's always been Mama's house or as the kids would say meet me at big Grandma's House )

I want to paint white cabinets with blue insides or Blue cabinets with white insides
I can't decide which.


I love love this floor and would love to put this in this house for the kitchen floor


This I really love.. O boy it's going to be hard to decide what I want.. 
well the thing is I have my own vintage cabinets
which I had gotten years ago..and I will be using them so lots of work sanding and re-painting them
also being that this house needs so much work
and I only have so much money
I have to really think
on how I do everything
I'm still on the search for a good contractor who won't charge me a
arm and a leg...
unfortunately all I have found is very expensive one's but I'm not going to give up...
I know there is someone who will help me fullfill the dream I have always had for Mama's house
and
I know God will help me find what I need
I just have to have faith and trust in the Lord and Father above
But I really really love these blue cabinets.. so I'm thinking that it's a big possiblity that I will 
paint the kitchen cabinets blue
but my walls will be white
So as for today I will put outside some of the things I found going through that pile that I cleaned yesterday.  I also 
cleaned under the table
I have a bunch of Garbage this time so I think I might have to take a trip to the dumps
myself.. maybe with the car. I have to ask my son how it works
It's been a long while since I have gone to the dumps.  I used to go with dad now and then
kind of scary big huge place with large trucks and noisy 
as heck..
lol
well back to work, only lite weight today though I want to make this soup 
in fact I can share it with you I found it on Pinterest
and it looks and sounds to good to me..
Dinner tonight


Simple Lemony Chicken & Spring Veggie Soup with Quinoa & Fresh Basil
Ingredients:

• 2 tablespoons butter
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1 leek, quartered, white part sliced
• 2 carrots, peeled and diced small (if you can find multi-colored carrots, those are beautiful)
• 2 cloves garlic, pressed through garlic press
• Salt
• Black pepper
• 1 teaspoon herbs de Provence
• 4 cups chicken stock, hot
• 1 cup fresh English peas (or frozen peas)
• 1 cup baby zucchini, small dice
• 2 cooked chicken breasts, shredded or cubed (you can use rotisserie chicken for convenience)
• 2 teaspoons lemon zest
• 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
• 2 cups cooked quinoa
• ¼ cup chopped, fresh basil leaves
• 4 lemon wedges, garnish

Preparation:

-Place a medium-large soup pot over medium heat; add in the butter and olive oil, and once melted, add in the sliced leek and diced carrots, and sweat for about 3-5 minutes, or until slightly tender and the leeks are becoming translucent.

-Add in the garlic, and once that becomes aromatic, add in a pinch or two of salt and pepper, and the herbs de Provence; stir to combine.

-Next, add in the hot chicken stock, and bring to a gentle simmer; cover partially with a lid, and cook for about 15-20 minutes, or until carrots are tender.

-Turn the heat off; add in the English peas (or frozen peas), the diced baby zucchini, the shredded or cubed chicken breast, and the lemon zest and juice; stir to combine, and allow the peas/zucchini to become crisp-tender and bright green in the hot stock, about 3-4 minutes; check to see if additional salt or pepper is needed.

-To serve, add about ½ cup of the cooked quinoa to a bowl, and ladle some of the soup with the veggies and chicken over top; sprinkle over some of the fresh basil, and squeeze in some additional lemon juice from the lemon wedge garnish, if desired.

From: The Cozy Apron
wishing you all a beautiful Saturday 
and a lovely weekend
with love 
Janice

2 comments:

  1. Oh gosh, Janice. Your blue and white kitchen is so charming. I can just see it in the "new" house (in the future.)

    I'm a white cabinet person, myself. I have mine white in the kitchen with periwinkle blue inside some of them. Love them. I think white cheers up and opens up a room.

    Whatever combination you use, it will be beautiful because your style is awesome.

    Oh MY! That rosie living room is going to be gorgeous, too!

    Janice, why don't you ask the people at church if they know an affordable contractor! It's worth a try. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whatever you choose, it will be beautiful. I love the pink house...it's my dream home!
    Kisses
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete