Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Busy day today..........


First of all it's going to be a very warm day..so lemonade sounds wonderful for the menu. After that I have no clue what to make for today. I'm taking a test so I can't have no beef or pork lamb only chicken fish turkey..so maybe I will just make a pasta for this evening. Last nite I made a wonderful Italian soup. I have a lot of running around to do today..taking Mom to the bank, then an appointment then pick up Vee and we have therapy but for some reason I'm not looking forward to it today..I'm still very tired and not sleeping good though I did sleep better last nite. Worked some more on my bedroom. Got my tall dresser cleaned off dusted it and but fresh new linen and doily's on..Ironed and crip..the more I do with the blue and white the more I like it..I feel settle with it. Fall is surely in the air even though today is suppose to be hot. I still can feel it. I love this time of year. My garden is so delayed and these little white flies have attacked my string beans and now the cherry tomato plant. I finally got tomatoes but they aren't turning yet..hopefully real soon.

this is what I got from the green beans but I guess it's better than none they nearly destroyed my plants,...

Here is the soup I made last night and the croutons...

I made these with left over bread..two pieces of buttermilk and two potato I cut them up and sprinkled some sea salt and Italian seasoning I recently found that I really like they came out awesome...I always wanted to make my own but never got around to it...finally did..
O no darn photo thing stopped working this is so frustrating at times...well got to run now will try to finish up the post later..sorry..

by the way here is the recipe for the soup

Vegetable Soup/Ribollita

This isn't like making a cake where you have to be exact in the quantities, so feel free to change or add/subtract whatever ingredients and quantities you prefer.

1 large onion, minced
6 cloves garlic
1/4 cup olive oil
3 carrots, chopped
2 stalks celery, chopped
swiss chard, about 20 leaves chopped and stalks sliced
Tuscan kale, lacinato kale, dinosaur kale (same thing) - about 16 -20 leaves, chopped up
1/2 savoy cabbage, chopped up
2 small zucchini, chopped
8-10 plum tomatoes, peeled and chopped (canned is fine and you can add more if you like a stronger tomato flavor)
2 14-ounce cannellini beans
1 parmesan cheese rind
16 cups chicken broth (or vegetable broth)
salt, pepper
fresh or dried thyme and basil as you like

a hearty, stale bread for ribollita
olive oil to drizzle on top

Saute the onion and garlic in the olive oil until limp. Add all the rest of the ingredients except the beans and simmer for about a half hour. Add the beans and cook another half hour. Serve immediately as vegetable soup with some parmesan sprinkled on top. Or layer some soup and bread in a bowl or pot and let it sit overnight in the refrigerator. Reheat the next day and you've got ribollita. Serve with parmesan cheese sprinkled on top.




ENJOY...

No comments:

Post a Comment