Monday, December 8, 2014

Gone with the Wind....


Isn't this just marvelous I found this among the things in Mama's stuff.. I was surprised.. So I was going to put it up for auction.  But then I thought why not give it a whirl and read the thing.. I love the movie and I have heard about the book.. Recently I went to Walgreen's and while checking out the magazines I saw the Life magazine. It's front cover was I believe 75 year aniversary.  So I purchased it, the whole magazine was devoted to Gone with the Wind.. It's really nice the cost was $13.00 but in my opinion it was worth it front to back was the whole issue Gone with the wind..


So come to find out it was a San Francisco Library book and from 1946


First Chapter,

Scarlett O'Hara was not beautiful, but seldom realized it when caught by her charm as the Tarleton twins were.  In her face were too sharply blended the delicate features of her mother, a Coast aristocrat of French decent, and the heavy ones of her florid Irish father.  but it was an arresting face.  pointed of the chin, squared of  jaw.  Here eyes were pale green without a touch of hazel, starred with baristly black lashes and slightly tilted at the ends.  Above them, her thick black brows slanted upward, cutting a startling oblique line in her magnolia white skin-- that    skin so prized by Southern women  and so carefully guarded with bonnets, veils and mitten against hot Georgia suns.......


It's funny that in the book they protrait her as not pretty...  
I was thinking that it would be a nice thing to pass it around among blogger friends to read if they were interested... Humm would anyone be interested?  course you'd have to be patient because it has 1o37 pages.


This was inside the pages, from 1983 they must of had a review of the movie ..
According to the new Life magazine Margaret Mitchell had a ruff time.. and had to sell the rights of the movie. I can't remember  what it said..

with love Janice 
ps have a most wonderful new week..


5 comments:

  1. Oh Janice, how delightful to have come across this! I love 'Gone With The Wind' and smiled as I read your post.

    Have a beautiful week! Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool find!!! I love that movie too. Don't think I would have the patience to read it...I barely have the patience to sit through the movie once every couple of years! That is a really neat book to have with those old library stamps from '46.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely find!
    Kisses
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great book...my daughter Gina is a big fan. We watch the movie almost every time she comes home for a visit. It's our thing.
    You mama had a lot of neat things.
    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that is pretty amazing. Such an amazing treasure. I just watched the again movie a few weeks a few weeks ago. I am sure someone will find it to be a great piece to own.

    Janet

    ReplyDelete