Sunday, June 30, 2013

I couldn't help myself...

Happy Sunday to all, well I just could resist.  I couldn't.  I have been wanting something like this forever. I found it on Ruby Lane this morning and decided it's was now or never and It jump quickly into NOW... I can't wait to receive it and use it. So sweet homemade Lemonade or Ice Tea. I can picture the Pitcher and glasses fill with Ice and Tea or the Lemonade.. It was a little much but then what the heck I said to myself. Actually it was more than what I paid but it had a make a offer button so I got it down about 25.00 more which in my opinion was fabulous.. She just told me that it will be mailed off tomorrow.. EXCITING  ...
 I also went to My most Favorite place yesterday before picking up Mom, to pick up some things and ended up buy a few more things.. there is no where else to go in the city anymore really except the Goodwill's and that's always a maybe that you will find a antique piece rarely happens these days. I still go once in a while though sometimes I find nice Linens. but tea cups are almost never found so it's Love Joy's Attic for me..

I finally purchased a two tier condiment dish.. In pretty pink roses.. It's a new piece but looks vintage Shabby Chic. and comes inside a pretty box which Mom and I both agreed it would be pretty wall paper.


I'm so happy that I got it..I can see my Pink Tea Party now with my Pretty Pink new Pitcher and tumblers to match.. Tea sandwiches all arranged around the Two tier plates ..


Isn't the box so pretty with all the Roses, I would love love to have a wall papered room and maybe one day I will have it.. It's been a dream of mind just forever and ever......... I have never owned my own home to do that .. I also purchased some old linens with embroidery on them so sweet..




It is white cotton linen with a Pretty brown basket filled with flowers flowing down They stitched blue stitching of squares around it's edging.. and in each square there is a a little dainty flower.




And this pillow casing that I found it just gorgeous I call it a casing because it's not closed at either end . . My phone camera in not sufficient enough for a good photo of it.. but the embroidery is just perfect.



Two perfect butterflies one each side...
I thought $8.00 was okay because it was so perfectly Embroidered  and fairly large in size 


Beautiful White and Blue Daisy's 

And a Sweet Blue Ribbon ...


And... Little tiny blue flowers on the edging.. which is scalloped with White and Blue crochet...
I have one more Table topper.. In Blue and White the original 


This is the first one I had on hold I fell in love with.. It has these little blue designs that look like bees.. I almost lost it though cause when Mom got sick and had to the hospital and I forgot about it.. then I called and no answer then I had left a message and no one called back.. hummm
But Saturday Morning she said they had just put it back and went and retrieved it for me.. Phew... I was very glad





Well whatever they may be I love them.. 


 I don't know how they do all this.. It looks complicated but is so nice...


  
And take a look at these plates... Love love these... I purchased them also.. well I only took One dinner plate and four of the salad plates.. but I put on hold the other five dinner plates and one more salad plate .. and through all the talking I forgot to get the platter to hold as well I have to call her up Wednesday I forgot today ... and they  are closed Monday's and Tuesday's..these plates are very pretty I wish they had had the tea cups I tried looking online and only found four more salad plates maybe later something will show up..but finally i got some Rose Plates..
  Well my dear friends I guess that's it for now I wish you a lovely evening and many blessings with love 
Janice

p.s. This is my Mama Lois,  she since this photo has gotten thinner.. She is home from the hospital but is very weak now.. So I have decided that I will just stay here with her till she leaves me.. I'm so very sad in my heart but I rather see her not suffer anymore.. she can no longer really care for herself anymore besides go to the restroom but that's getting difficult as well. though I'm very grateful that she is not suffering more than she is .. It really could be worse.. This is the second most difficult thing I have dealt with when my brother died at 34 was the first. I was about 28. . but I wasn't around him for almost a year he was in prison and got sick and thank god a nurse called us to tell us when we got there a prison guard was in front of his door.. and when they opened the door my brother was hooked up to life support.. Not a pretty site. but later that evening we went home to get the kids squared away and his passed on I suppose he was just waiting for us to come.. I don't know who that nurse was but I have always been grateful for her kindness.  I was close with him.. It's so hard to watch someone that you love slowly die sometimes I have no words and I'm trying to stay strong and not fall apart.. and make her comfortable as possible I know she likes it when I'm here she always tell me I hate it when you leave.. at first I didn't know if I could handle it but somehow I know I will get through it with the help of God.. and of course all my friends online her and facebook
I made her oatmeal cookies today with raisins and walnuts the way she likes them and beef stew for dinner and some jello for later if she feels.. All I can say is I love my Mama very much and truly are going to miss her when she leaves me she is my best best friend and has always taking care of me no matter what.. and I have done the same...I know over the years we have build a fine relationship between us.
And I'm sure at times she didn't like certain things that I have maybe done or I with her but it only made us both stronger later and more closer.. 
I know we weren't to close until I got married and prego.. But truly I will be lost with out her.. she has always been my refuge ... and best best friend with no judgement against me..
Mama I Love you with all my Heart and Soul

p.s.s. I have a button now if you care to grab it..


6 comments:

  1. Good morning Janice,
    I lOVE all your new found pretties and I invite you to share them at my tea party. I have that same pink depression glass jug! I love it and how lovely that you have the glasses too! Love the tiered stand and on my, those plates are scrumptious! Swooning!
    I hope your mama feels better soon. It's wonderful you two are so close. Have a beautiful day and Happy 4th of July!

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello your new treasures are lovely! Happy July 4th to you & your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your posting of all your beautiful treasures is so much fun to view! I am so in love with your new rose plates. Your pink depression glass set would be perfect with your new china.
    I am saddened by the illness of your mother. I hope she has many good days. We received a call that my Mother was being rushed to the hospital with chest pains on Tuesday night. I thought I would lose her but they could not find the cause and now she is on heavy pain meds. This plus my on testing and found illness this last month has been unsettling. My grandmother would say " I'm up" on how she felt and I feel that is so true!

    Have a special July 4th!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Janice, your embroidered linens are so beautiful! yOu know I love that kind of thing. I'm sorry your Mama is not well. You are a good girl to stick by her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your new lemonade set is lovely and you got some good treasures of linen to add to your collection.
    Hope your mother is better soon.
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  6. I collect pink glass also. My Aunt usually finds it for me and gives it to me. Some vintage some not.

    I too will miss my mother when she passes. Right now she has Parkinson Disease. She's my best friend and without her it won't be the same. God bless you and your mother. Take care, Darlene

    ReplyDelete