- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3 Tablespoons canola or vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 Tablespoons finely grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract (I used lemon juice instead of extract)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) sweetened flaked coconut
- Coconut-Lemon Glaze
- 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon melted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1/4 cup sweetened flaked coconut
In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk together granulated sugar, butter, oil, lemon zest, lemon extract, vanilla extract and milk.
In a small bowl, whisk eggs and buttermilk until evenly blended.
With a wooden spoon, stir about a third of the flour mixture into the sugar mixture, then alternately add half of the egg mixture and half of the flour mixture, stirring after each addition just enough to blend. Stir in coconut.
Pour batter into a 9 x 5 loaf pan lined with parchment paper (or greased and floured). Place in a 350 degree oven on the center rack for about 45 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
When it comes out of the oven place pan on a cooling rack for about 15 minutes before removing the loaf from the pan.
While it's cooling, make the glaze.
I hope that you enjoy this lovely cake...I love coconut. what about you.
Just sharing some photos
I love love this Tea pot it's one of my favorites
I love Roses so much...there is nothing like them..wouldn't you agree...
Thank you for stopping in to visit with my I hope all is going well for you and you had a great Thanksgiving..Christmas is on the way..
Have a most lovely new week...Thank you for your sweet comments I so enjoy them all...with love Janice..Happy Monday...